Help › Forums

Re: Game took my WGT ball away

rated by 0 users
Wed, May 26 2010 4:23 PM (15 replies)
  • PAGES
  • EdwardRo
    191 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 3:18 PM

had that to happen to me as well differnt hole, and hey whats up with all the cut balls i go thru, its like 2 and 3 a day doesnt WGT make Enough cash off of us as it is, i played golf in real life and only can rember cutting 1 ball of the 25 years i played, thats 8 to 10 rounds a week by the way, doesnt make no sense to me, maybe they are just desprate or hard up,  is there any other golf games on line that doesnt cost me an arm and leg ?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 4:06 PM

Hey everybody,

In the future if you experience a situation where you lose a ball due to the IMMOVABLE OBJECT/FREE DROP bug please save a replay of the ball stopping on the path.  As long as you have a replay that shows the ball stopping on an object (yardage marker, cartpath etc) then we will replace it until the bug can be resolved.

Though we are not obligated to issue replacements we do feel that in this particular instance (and only in this instance) that doing so is the proper way to take care of our customers.

Now, with that said I don't want to see any funny business going on.  If it is determined that you are purposely trying to lose a ball to take advantage of this (ie chipping at the road intentionally from 3yds away) we will not replace it.  That determination remains ours to make and any decisions are final.

Be sure to save those replays, drop a short note on my profile (including a link to the replay if possible) and I'll do what I can.  Remember, this is ONLY for balls lost due to the IMMOVABLE OBJECT/FREE DROP bug and you must have a saved replay that clearly shows it.

Thanks & hit 'em well!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 4:14 PM

Now you tell me, who can complain about WGT now? It's mainly going to be the members with starter a just a tad better clubs anyway. I don't see a Master, or a pro for that matter (maybe) needing a free ball because of the cart path bug. 

Thanks WGT for your generosity.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 4:14 PM

Would a screenshot suffice if in MP? It would show the opp and score. It actually happened in match play to me and we know there's no saving replays there.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 4:18 PM

YankeeJim:
    Would a screenshot suffice if in MP?

No, unfortunately screenshots can be too easily modified by anyone who's halfway competent with Photoshop.  We know we won't be able to cover every instance of this occurance, but there's no need to stand idly by when we can do something about it in solo play.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Wed, May 26 2010 4:23 PM

Replays aren't available in ranked multi-player rounds - safe to assume there will be no ball refunds for those losses?

• PAGES
RSS