Tue, May 4 2010 11:58 AM (4 replies)
  • bamaMale
    1 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 11:05 AM
    make it a penalty (lower rating or score) when someone quits
  • GIsenhower
    11 Posts
    Mon, May 3 2010 11:13 AM
    I second that motion, it has been my expereince that when players are playing badly they quit. that is a crock of bull if you ask me. I am not thr best player in the world but I do not quit!!!!!!!
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 10:27 AM

I've said it before, and it bears repeating here.

People are going to quit.  Get over it.  It has happened since the beginning of Stroke Play, it continues today and will continue as long as this game is on the internet.

Don't get your blood pressure up...

There are ways to play without quitters.

1. Play on the Ladders or GolfSeekers.. both fantastic sites that add a whole new dimension to this game and will allow you to play with like minded individuals.  Folks on those sites are here to play golf, not just fudge their averages.
    2. If you don't want to play with quitters, STOP PLAYING RANDOM PICK-UP GAMES.  Play with friends only.

If you think that WGT can do anything to stop quitting, you're just kidding yourself.  They are trying to implement a 'reputation tracker' to give others a heads-up to how many games an individual completes, but that won't stop quitters.. They will still bail at the first sign of trouble.  Fiddling with their scores, or trying to 'penalize' them is a waste of time and resources.

I would much rather that WGT use those resources to make more courses, stabilize the swing meter for most (if not all) players, and offer us a better product altogether.

So.... play the Ladders or GolfSeekers (great folks at both sites), make new friends and play all the complete games you want...

Or, continue to play random MP games and be 'surprised' when you're left standing all alone on the course.

It's your choice.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 11:55 AM

Snaike:
    f you don't want to play with quitters, STOP PLAYING RANDOM PICK-UP GAMES.  Play with friends only

This is the key point, period. Maybe this should be in the FAQ's.

"How to avoid quitters"

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, May 4 2010 11:58 AM

Snaike:
    1. If you don't want to play with quitters, STOP PLAYING RANDOM PICK-UP GAMES.  Play with friends only.

And always use a condom.

RSS