Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Just made master: G10 or R9 Driver?

rated by 0 users
Fri, May 28 2010 6:32 AM (24 replies)
  • Soulcatcher
    1,970 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 2:15 PM

Awesome club. I would say it is no harder to hit than the prev. R9 and it does not stray as much.

Did I say awesome club?

• rehill
    431 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 2:48 PM

Soulcatcher:

Awesome club. I would say it is no harder to hit than the prev. R9 and it does not stray as much.

Did I say awesome club?

You didn't say it enough. The new R9 is an awesome club!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, May 27 2010 4:23 PM

I'll third that!  BPB7, 11 mph at 2 o'clock. Ding drive leaves a 4i to the green!!! I could have used a 5i as it turned out as the 4i with topspin rolled to far edge. Wow.

This driver definitely changes the club you use to get on the green. It plays very long and accurate.

• ComplexP
    250 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 12:48 AM

Ok you all convinced me to rent it... and it is awesome so I bought it. Perversely I seem to be able to hit the ding more consistently with the faster meter than I can with the slower one (maybe I should be buying the i15 irons as well). This then makes hitting the G10 iron shot actually seem easier after the drive.

Strange how the mind works.

• neildiamond11790
    1,115 Posts
    Fri, May 28 2010 6:32 AM

Totally ComplexP, i am dinging it more then my old R9.  And for further proof, cleared the corner on BPB #1, on a barely mishit late with no downwind.  And on BPB #6, full back spin tee shot flew 301yds.  Yielding 1 less club than usual for me.  Nice club, and yes birdies both those holes after stuffing approach shot with easier (it seems) to hit G10 iron and a wedge.

RSS