Forums

Help › Forums

Re: CTTH...

rated by 0 users
Wed, Apr 21 2010 8:54 AM (9 replies)
  • RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 12:02 PM

Wow, after being on here for a month, playing almost every day, I still cannot hit a rank that doesn't have at least 4 numbers in it...  I know you gotta practice, practice, etc etc, but really - when I see some of the scores, I have to wonder...  what are these guys doing?

I'd like to think I'm somewhat OK at this, but some of these scores are just almost unbelievable...  and I have yet to hit every green, no matter how hard I concentrate or think it out... 

Thoughts? I'm just really hitting the "why bother" stage, and I don't want that to happen...

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 12:12 PM

This isn't necessarily related to your post, but I do see that you have the Beginner Driver and 3W in your bag.  I'd recommend swapping those out for your Starter Driver/3W instead.  That'll give you a few extra yards off the tee and longer 2nd shot approaches on the Par 5's.

• RChapman2010
    172 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 4:53 PM

Well, this is gonna make me sound even more retarded, but I had no idea those were even in there...   lemme go see what I can do with 'em...  

but I'm still shaking my head at those CTTH sores...  how?

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 5:10 PM

RChapman2010:
    but I'm still shaking my head at those CTTH sores...  how?

If I may borrow a phrase from the PGA Tour.... "These guys are good." =)

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 6:41 PM

RChapman2010:
    Thoughts? I'm just really hitting the "why bother" stage, and I don't want that to happen...

Please...Whatever you do, do not let that happen.This is your WGT site right along with the rest of us.I went through that stage too,how do they do it or better yet ,how would could WGT  even allow such scores to even be posted.I got to thinking about it and came to the conclusion,if  WGT is allowing these scores then they must be legit.So I moved on...

To this spot,in this spot I concentrate on my game and my game only.There are so many good golfers on here, being number one is just not a goal I have anymore.I just set my own goals and go for them.I tried to break 60 all last month.I did not make it on that go around, but I learned how to get a routine eagle putt an a couple of the par 5's,so it wasn't a total loss.I'll go back and tweek my game and go at it again,quitting is never an option, even though this game will drive you crazy,even without all the stiff competition...

Nivlacs right...Those guys are good...

Keep Swinging...

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 7:36 PM

Yep if I buy lots of balls and spend all day on a CTTH, I can actually break 100' on most of em...Everybody's right here...these cats can play!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 7:37 PM

GITrDONE:
    There are so many good golfers on here

That's right.

Even the greatest golfers at WGT was new once, and had to play and learn how to be great. No one ever became great at anything over night.

Play well.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Tue, Apr 20 2010 9:30 PM

Hey RC

Fair go - you've only been here 5 minutes !! To shoot the scores you are seeing - these guys have posted hundreds and hundreds of ranked rounds, and an equal amount of practice rounds. So - to be honest, its gonna take you a while - thats the reality.

Matching these guys scores, is not on for you right now and to be honest you may never get there!!

Your goal should be to practice as much as you can, get plenty of ranked rounds in and start to get your ranking down. It'll come bit by bit - then you'll get to the Master tier, and you start the whole thing all over again.

For me personally, I have been here almost 2 years now and my goal is just to be more consistent and keep working at my game. If I can win a few credits - great, but it doesnt worry me that much. I just want to keep improving my overal game.

So - for you my friend, there is no easy solution. It all depends on how much time and effort you want to put into this game. The more you put in, the better you will get.

Cheers

Doug

• imaloser
    32 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 4:15 AM

some people cheat as well, they dont talk about this :D

• b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Wed, Apr 21 2010 8:54 AM

imaloser:

some people cheat as well, they dont talk about this :D

Do you have proof imaloser?   I can't shoot that low regularly, but I know it is possible.   There may be something to your name.

Cheers

RSS