Re: Putting Distance

rated by 0 users
Sun, Apr 18 2010 1:05 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • b0geybuster
    2,574 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 6:10 PM

b0geybuster:

I will be trying your method today.   I will give you feed back shortly.

I have been using you method for longer putts and with the exception of a few you calculations seem to be working for me.   I have nailed a few longer putts.  

My method of calculating distances was rather time consuming and a few more trials and I maybe sold on your new method.

Cheers

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 7:29 PM

Hey Gish,

Yeh - thats the standard way to approach putting I think.

Where it doesnt work though is on the killer putts eg BPB 15 (from the back of the green) and shorter putts around 10' or less - in some instances I actually add power to compensate for the break. Trying to dolly those putts when break is involved is not recommended.

Other than that I think your pretty well on the money.

Cheers

Doug

• igiveup
    110 Posts
    Sat, Apr 17 2010 11:35 PM
    A good method is add 2 feet per 15 feet ffor slow greens. Very fast sutract 2 ft for every 15 feet. Standard of fast... whatever it says... thats it. for uphill or downhill add or subtract the inches from the distance. An an example... a 4 inch uphill from 20 ft on a fast green should be hit at about 24 ft.
  • gishdrums
    19 Posts
    Sun, Apr 18 2010 1:05 PM

B0gey, I'm glad the system was able to help.

dorkfeatures, I agree with you on some of the tougher putts like #15 of BpB.

igiveup, I think what you are suggesting is similar to what I use. I have a feeling the 2ft per 15 feet subtraction for Very Fast greens might be a better approach than the one I use, especially on some of the longer (SA links style) putts. I might have to give that a shot.

• PAGES
RSS