Forums

Help › Forums

Re: I made master and I stink!!!!!!!!!!!

Sun, May 16 2010 4:19 AM (21 replies)
  • IvaThongon
    933 Posts
    Thu, May 6 2010 4:09 PM

blackbeard mentioned that very fast seem different "for each course i.e. BPB is fastest, with KI and SA about the same".

I would agree with that as well. I am wondering if anyone else finds that even shots seem to just play differently at Bethpage? I'm hardly an authority on Bethpage, since I rarely play it, but, wind direction seems to often play totally randomly for me anyway. And even adjusting my putting I certainly find the greens to be very hard to read. Enough about that though, I'll never be a fan of Bethpage, regardless, so it it kind of a mute point to me.

I sadly became a Master after a couple good rounds dropped me far enough down that I qualified. It is a very different game. I'm getting the hang of it, but it isn't easy like it was at Pro.I even gave it up for a few weeks, but found my way back and am now hopelessly hooked.

Also, getting back to putting. I use an Anser putter, and love it. I've kind of taught myself my technique for putting, having not watched any tutorials. Here is what I do, maybe it will help someone else: I generally use the appropriate putter for the distance of the putt, ie. 15' for anything inside 15'. I always use the reverse view to judge my line. On a long putt, I will try to read the break, and give more weight to a break later in the putt than earlier, since my speed will be considerably lower. Finally, I also use a kind of backoff method when getting ready to putt. I try to establish a line for my putt's distance, then add or subtract for change in elevation before releasing. For me it is a system very much like real golf, more on feel than anything really methodical.

The only thing I find different than actual putting, is that if I am going to miss, I generally prefer to miss just short. I know this sounds strange and very contrary to anything you hear about putting, but my experience, so far has always been that a miss short ends up an easy second putt, but a miss long, often seems to leave a second putt that is no gimme.

Sorry for the long winded reply and number of talking points. Hope everyone's gastric system has survived another Cinco de Mayo without incident.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Sun, May 16 2010 4:19 AM

My God, imagine someone trying to make money. LOL I agree but I find nothing wrong with trying to make a living as they are obviously doing

RSS