Forums

Help › Forums

Re: BS

Thu, Apr 8 2010 3:38 AM (8 replies)
  • BlazinTreez
    1 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 12:13 PM

So, why is it that when you hit the perfect shot ("Excellent") I block the ball 20 yards left?!?!?? I'm playing in a match play game, I watch my opponents ball and i know exactly where i want to place mine. Then I hit a perfect "excellent" shot, and to my extreme shock, the ball goes so far left it was like i missed the center line by an inch!!! Has anyone else had this problem? 

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 1:10 PM

Yes... use the "search" feature and look for words like "Beast", "VEM", "VEMmie" and/or "realistic".

This isn't target golf.  Sometimes odd things happen even with a perfect swing.

So, if you'll forgive the old expression... "It's not a bug, it's a FEATURE."

(Parenthetically, your name and icon violate the T&C of this site.  I am surprised that WGT hasn't changed it for you.)

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 1:59 PM

I don't see how his name violates WGT policy.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 3:35 PM

marioh:

"Blazin" is pop culture terminology for the act of smoking marijuana, and his icon was just that, a marijuana leaf with a fire based background.

And, marioh, should you not be familiar with the T&C, please allow me to quote it here:

In particular, you may not use any name:

8.   Related to drugs, sex, alcohol, or any criminal activity;

The juxtaposition of the name with the removed icon left no doubt of this individual's intent upon creation of the avatar.  Without the icon, the name, being ambiguous to most, is therefore passable.

I hope that helps.

Peace.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 4:21 PM

When initially clicking I thought this thread was a tutorial on backspin.  

Unfortunately only to realize its a tutorial on the terms and conditions :(

Snaike:
    sex

I've seen more snatch on some people's friends lists than I do on Cinemax after midnight.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 5:08 PM

Snaike:

marioh:

"Blazin" is pop culture terminology for the act of smoking marijuana, and his icon was just that, a marijuana leaf with a fire based background.

And, marioh, should you not be familiar with the T&C, please allow me to quote it here:

The juxtaposition of the name with the removed icon left no doubt of this individual's intent upon creation of the avatar.  Without the icon, the name, being ambiguous to most, is therefore passable.

I hope that helps.

Peace.

Snaike pimped it big time.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 5:40 PM

Snaike:

I hope that helps.

Peace.

As I stated, I saw no issues with his name. 

Using your relation with name to pic, does that mean that your username of snaike, with a picture of some guy's crotch (clothed of course) put your name over the line?

Did his picture violate the policy?   Yes.   Name?  No.

So if the user put up a picture of a forest fire , would his username still be unacceptable to you?

And yes, I know the T&C very well.   But I'll let that snide little comment pass.  :)

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Wed, Apr 7 2010 11:20 PM

marioh:
    And yes, I know the T&C very well.   But I'll let that snide little comment pass.  :)

I apologize to you, marioh, if you thought my comment was snide or condescending.  It was not meant to be such.  I was trying to answer your question. 

The secondary track this thread has taken was unintended.  My response, given a smaller size, was a simple statement to the OP regarding his name and icon, nothing more.  Now it seems the lid has been lost to this can of worms.

My opinion of his name/icon is irrelevant.  WGT's opinion of his name/icon is what matters.  That was my original statement.

marioh:
    Did his picture violate the policy?   Yes.   Name?  No.

Which is why they have left the name and removed the icon.

• bigdilba01
    219 Posts
    Thu, Apr 8 2010 3:38 AM

whats with the technical talk

not turn into fatersom snaike

RSS