Forums

Help › Forums

Re: New Country Club With Mass Appeal - Take A Look

Sun, May 6 2012 11:03 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • pjctas0822
    4,553 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 7:21 PM

The idea of playing for money would be great as long as its against people of the same caliber. I wouldnt dare put my money up against people thats not why I am here.

I am here to have fun. Now I was a part of a league that issued same payouts as the real PGA tour but that was cyber money and for bragging rights only . I finshed 26th in 3 years in the money so to speak :) . Also you would be opening a really big can of worms due to by laws and gambling rules so be careful. Good luck on your venture .

• rlbruce
    17 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 9:28 PM

pj, you make a good point.

What I intend to do though is set the tourneys up so that it will be like after making the cut in a PGA tournament.  Everyone in the tourney will win some of the prize money with the bottom places paying out enough to cover the entry fee.

This way no one who enters a tournament will be out any money other than maybe some small Paypal money transfer charges.

Thanks for your comment.

• pjctas0822
    4,553 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 9:49 PM

I actually used to run tournies in that manner and overcame the laws by not charging people to play and paying them with prizes (with disclosures reading not for resale) out of my own pocket!

I may one day start my own CC using the real PGA format and tourney schedules and using fake money payouts. Cuts after 2 rounds etc etc . That is how me and a few other guys ran our league in the early 90's called CGA for TW 2002-2004. I sure miss those days :( .

http://www.pgatour.com/r/schedule/

I used to even check weather forecasts days before tournies and use them in my settings accordingly. Was great fun. And if someone steals this idea I would jump in their CC in a heartbeat. Its alot of work. We even had our own programmer who made a program to track rounds to ensure people werent restarting or cheating. His name was Bryce. He is a great guy and programmer. Wonder where he is now :( WGT could use him IMO

• rlbruce
    17 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 10:12 PM

Yeah, that sounds like that would have been fun but a lot of work, like you said.

I just decided to put my club together today so I still have a lot of details to work out before the first tourney.  So everything is subject to change until I get the terms set in stone that will be fairest to the club members.

I would love to hear ideas and suggestions from other WGT members like yourself.

After thinking about it I don't think paying out the entire field will work because unlike the PGA, I won't have all the entry fees from the people who didn't make the cut to add to the prize pool.

I wonder if I could get Firestone as a sponsor.  :)

• pjctas0822
    4,553 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2012 11:03 PM

Sponsorship would be a plus. But I doubt WGT would allow such a thing . I could be wrong.

• PAGES
RSS