Forums

Help › Forums

Reflect

Mon, May 16 2022 5:22 AM (115 replies)
  • gonfission
    1,943 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2022 11:54 AM

Еда была отличной! К сожалению, Путин испортил наши аппетиты, вторгшись в Украину. Противостаньте своему диктатору, прекратите убивать невинных людей! Ваше правительство лжет вам. Вставай!

Translation: The food was great! Unfortunately, Putin spoiled our appetites by invading Ukraine. Stand up to your dictator, stop killing innocent people! Your government is lying to you. Get up!

Here it is, FOR FREE

Please take some of your precious time and do this. No weapons needed.... Do it from home or work.... I say work, use their money & time.

• gonfission
    1,943 Posts
    Mon, Feb 28 2022 9:05 PM

I would like at this time to THANK WGT for posting these as of late.

It has come to my attention that my wicked humor, (take wicked as you will) is somewhat acerbic.......... Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?  

Thanks for checks and balances, also, friends. Even if they are Kanucks.......;-) 

WGT does a very good job keeping me,,,,,,,,, cough, cough, looking sanitized.......

It's reciprocal.... I don't complain, and they post my stuff

Thank you

• ct690911
    6,789 Posts
    Wed, Mar 2 2022 9:02 AM

The US Ambassador to the UN just confirmed that Russia is using weapons banned by the Geneva convention. I suppose when a country invades a sovereign nation and slaughters thousands of it's people, it doesn't really matter what weapons it uses. But, I'm no legal scholar.

I sure hope the media and the public at large don't lose the forest for the trees.

• HamdenPro
    1,485 Posts
    Sun, Mar 6 2022 4:15 PM

I heard this song recently. I have listened to it over and over and keep thinking, not only is it a beautiful song, but it expresses so much, and makes me think about the history and culture of the Ukranian people. We are witnessing a tragedy and it has to stop. Please, take a moment and listen..

My mother, I know you haven't slept that night. I would leave my home to go into a foreign world. And fortunately a distant, modest gift, you gave me a linen towel, Embroidered by you and patterned like a flower, And fortunately a distant, modest gift, you gave me a linen towel, Patterned and colorful as flower. Tulips and cherries bloom to this day The fragrance of flowers is alive, nightingale singing among lilacs And the only one in the world dear to me, a bit sad smile. Above all, your eyes are here. And the only one in the world dear to me, a bit sad smile, Above all, your sweet blue eyes are here. When I feel sad and bad, I go into the forest thicket, In the noise of bushes and grasses I will remember those old days. On a stump of fallen storm, a linen towel will unfold Then your love and happiness and tears come back. On a stump of fallen storm, a linen towel will unfold Then your motherly love and happiness and tears come back.

• bossbird
    1,663 Posts
    Tue, Mar 8 2022 2:47 AM

Beautiful , thankyou .

• craigswan
    24,851 Posts
    Thu, Mar 10 2022 3:04 AM

• ct690911
    6,789 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2022 9:35 AM

The Ukraine Prez just spoke (via video) to the members of the US Congress. His presentation was gut wrenching and effective. The POTUS will be speaking soon and addressing the crisis in Ukraine. 

IMHO, the US and NATO are providing as much support as they can to a "non NATO" member. To provide more, like a no fly zone, would probably lead to an expanded war in Europe and ultimately to WW3. This wouldn't end well for anyone.

Putin has clearly lost the plot and cornering this maniac any further could be a monumental error. If Putin feels he has nothing to lose, there no limit to what he will do.

ct

• bossbird
    1,663 Posts
    Wed, Mar 16 2022 9:48 AM

I watched the  President Zelensky speech and was impressed. He is a great leader , who seems to be accepting that NATO cannot protect his skies. However , NATO could allow Ukrainian pilots to have Mig jets , from Poland , and Poland requested l believe loaned jets from USA in replacement , incase they need them. That doesn’t seem like a request that’s not impossible to fulfil. 

• craigswan
    24,851 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 3:52 AM

If poland lend fighters to ukraine it means nato have declared war on russia and ww3 starts .

That is what they are trying to avoid .

Good news about Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe at last .

• bossbird
    1,663 Posts
    Thu, Mar 17 2022 5:07 AM

craigswan:

If poland lend fighters to ukraine it means nato have declared war on russia and ww3 starts .

That is what they are trying to avoid .

Good news about Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe at last .

Why Craig ? What’s the difference between sending loads of military stuff from USA and U.K. , to Ukraine to use , compared with allowing Ukrainian pilots to use Polish aircraft. Of course I see why NATO personnel cannot fly the aircraft.

RSS