Player Login
Sign in with:
OR
skip nav

Forums

Re: Who will have the last word?

Wed, Oct 28 2020 4:02 AM (9,552 replies)
  • craigswan
    17,765 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2020 1:35 PM

Sorry henry - do you think i am crazy .

I'm sitting on the fence .

I don't know the full history .

Maybe send each other a sleeve of balls .

Angry Over It GIF by Farmers Insurance ®

• craigswan
    17,765 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2020 1:58 PM

Languages that are spoken more quickly than English (like Spanish) contain less information per syllable than English.

.Almost all languages transmit the same amount of information per unit time..

Are there even languages that are spoken slower than English?

Mandarin..? It's tonal, if I recall. So... slower speed, same amount of info..

• craigswan
    17,765 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2020 2:02 PM

According to a survey, Scottish men are sexier and better lovers than English men..

It's a low bar..

Only Scottish men responded.

There were 3012 votes from a  town with 10 houses and 3000 sheep..

• craigswan
    17,765 Posts
    Mon, Sep 28 2020 2:07 PM

• craigswan
    17,765 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 2:57 AM

If you follow the link to YouTube, an English translation is written in the description..

YouTube Meme

• craigswan
    17,765 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 3:01 AM

1,comics,funny comics & strips, cartoons,husband,guys,wife,cook,smoke

• craigswan
    17,765 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 1:49 PM

In the Great Bear Rainforest in British Columbia, the trees get 80% of their nitrogen from salmon leftovers discarded by bears..

My mum's cat used to leave goldfish carcasses in the vegetable garden. Probably had much the same effect..

and there are maggots that eat those carcasses, and parasitoids on those maggots, and hyper-parasitoids on those parasitoids... The hyper-parasitoids are at a higher trophic level than Orca...

But they're food for predatory heteroptera which are bird food so the birds in this rather smelly forest are accumulating neonicotinoids like nobody's business..

The circle of life.

• craigswan
    17,765 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 1:53 PM

Before the use of anaesthetics, surgeons at America’s oldest operating theatre got the patients ‘blind drunk, gave them opium or administered a sharp tap on the head with a mallet enough to render the patient unconscious and hopefully not dead’.

Surgeon (holding patients head): When I nod my head, you hit it..

It's not Friday night in Applebee's yet is it .

• craigswan
    17,765 Posts
    Tue, Sep 29 2020 1:56 PM

Word of the day: PANGLOSSIAN - excessively optimistic..

I know people like that but I don't know how they're able to exist..

• craigswan
    17,765 Posts
    Wed, Sep 30 2020 3:37 AM

A recent study conducted on students about to take their exams found that watching images and videos of cute animals, for 30 minutes significantly lowers blood pressure and reduces the level of stress and anxiety.

A separate study found that increasing your levels of stress and anxiety, led to significantly better results in exams..

RSS