Here are the highlights from today's product release. While we make an effort to include all updates made to the product, please note that occasionally some changes are unintentionally omitted.
Match Play Challenges - Care to make it interesting?
Now you can challenge your friends for WGT credits in Match Play Challenges! Match Play Challenge is a new skill game type where the winner of the match play round will earn the credits from their opponent. We recommend that you play against players who are in the same tier or have a similar skill level. Skill gaming is regulated and may not be available to everyone depending on where you live. Read more about Match Play Challenges here.
Join a Group by Tier - Find players of similar skill
We've given you an additional search parameter to specify your opponent's tier rank when creating or joining a multiplayer round. Now you can choose to search for opponents from Amateur+, Pro+, or Master tiers, regardless of your own tier. The rule only applies when you search for "Anyone", because you can still manually add any player or friend to your round who do not belong to the tier you specified.
We've added new awards that you can win! A few of them are highlighted below, and you can see the full list in our FAQs.
- Ham and Egg Award - Total number of scrambles (making par or better after missing the green in regulation)
- Sandman - Total number of sand saves (making par or better after hitting ball from the sand)
- In the Drink - Total number of pars or better after hitting a ball in a water hazard
New Equipment in the Pro Shop
Exclusive to Pro & Master Tiers:
- Ping Rapture Pro Club Set - Get more distance while keeping the benefit of the Raptures' slower swing meter.
- Z Satin TP 64° Wedge - The club you know and love, now in a 50 yrd wedge that packs more spin.
- WGT Tour GI-S ball - These balls will give you increased spin and the benefit of a slower swing meter.
- WGT Tour GI-SD ball - These balls will give you increased spin and distance and a slower swing meter.
Weekly multiround tournaments will start November 23 (Week 48), and monthly multiround tournaments will start December 1!
Aced a hole and can't wait to share with all your friends? Now you can do it easily by streaming your friend feeds to your Facebook account. Simply click on the Connect with Facebook link on the left side of the page, and link up your accounts.
New Way to Remove Flagstick
We have updated the method for removing and replacing the flagstick when playing the game. Simply click on the Flagstick icon in the upper right hand corner of the game screen at any time to remove and replace the flagstick. When the flagstick has been removed a red slash will be displayed over the icon.
Green Speed Setting for Practice Rounds
You now have the ability to set green speeds in your practice rounds.
New Friend Feeds
We've added a few more Friend Feed events:
- Won x award
- Set a new record for a long drive
- Set a new record for a putt
- Holed out approach
- Made a hole in one
- Made an Eagle
- Made a Double Eagle
- The replays on your profile page now sort by decending order, so the newest one will be at the top.
- Your friends list in the left-hand side widget is no longer case-sensitive, so the entire list sorts alphabetically.
- When you lose a ball and then let the timer timeout on your next shot, you should no longer see a message saying you've lost a ball again.