Help › Forums

option to close aim marker on greens

rated by 0 users
Mon, Feb 13 2023 11:35 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 5:03 AM

Many putts (especially Kiwah) when you are on reverse putter view, the blue box which indicates distance & slope gets in the way of the directional dots which show the break of green.  It would be a good idea to have a X in the top right corner, so if it gets in the way you can close the blue box which is above the green triangle.  If you want it to come back after closing, just give a miss swing, and it will re-appear.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 5:14 AM

Once you know the distance and elevation to the hole just stretch the aiming line out so it's out of the way. I'd rather see an option to turn the avatar off because that's more of a nuisance than the blue box, even after it goes transparent.

• hpurey
    11,505 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 6:22 AM

My eyes are closed when I putt so it doesn't bother me at all.   lol J/K

I just do as YJ says and move the aim arrow further away after I have what I need,  just make sure you keep it on your line of aim.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 7:36 AM

I'd be happy to be able to turn it off anywhere, not just on the greens.
    sometimes I wanna play naturally, and aim at a flag, not a giant blue box

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 8:09 AM

An option to set the size of the aimbox would be cool - as would an option to dial up the transparency on the avatar.

• DannyPhan
    1,013 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 9:10 AM

YankeeJim:

Once you know the distance and elevation to the hole just stretch the aiming line out so it's out of the way. I'd rather see an option to turn the avatar off because that's more of a nuisance than the blue box, even after it goes transparent.

ACTUALLY I find it quite helpful.

I use the aim marker in the reverse putt view to check elevation between the ball and cup by moving it around the green and I use the aim marker line to gauge the lie as it gives me a point of reference to the ball.

just saying,

Danny 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 9:48 AM

Nobody said get rid of it, just have the option to turn it off. It does get in the way like Chris pointed out.

• gmaster007
    2,101 Posts
    Mon, Apr 23 2012 4:46 PM

YankeeJim:

Nobody said get rid of it, just have the option to turn it off. It does get in the way like Chris pointed out.

what they should do is make a small icon
    that you can toggle on and off anywhere on the course,
    which will hide the blue box, and be done with it.

sure it's not that hard to re-write that code line :)

• chrisironsbones
    3,524 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 3:11 AM

DannyPhan:
    ACTUALLY I find it quite helpful.

No one said that it wasn't helpful, its essential for putting, but what i'm talking about is when you have a 5 foot putt at Kiwah and you can't see the break at all due to the box blocking the view, yes i do what YJ said about moving it below the hole, but if not paying attention and chatting away, and find you have only a few seconds left on the timer, you could rush the putt and hit it with the 8 feet of power shown (because box is lower down) and not the actual 5 foot true distance.  Yes, i know its a 1 in 100 chance of this happening, but that 1 time you could be playing for $20.LOL

It would be better to give you an option to make it transparent, just like you can on windows 7.

• mmikkeelee
    591 Posts
    Tue, Apr 24 2012 6:10 AM

i like this idea chris 

• PAGES
RSS