Help › Forums

Winners of Ready go

rated by 0 users
Tue, Mar 23 2010 11:56 AM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • cate55
    487 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 5:57 AM

I see there is a number on each ready- go. Is there somewhere to go to see the winning score and the player than won??

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 6:15 AM

Go to the Tournament link at the top of the this page. Go to Ready Go tournaments or any other one you want to see the results for.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 7:32 AM
    The scores of the leaders are tremendous. I wonder why WGT can't have tournaments for each tier. They could have one for Amateurs only which would allow players at the same skill level to compete. As it is now, there is no way I would enter one when I'm competing against Masters and/or Pros. I'm not at their level yet.... so why should I be penalized by not being able to play in a tournament?
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 11:02 AM

aceydeucey:
    The scores of the leaders are tremendous. I wonder why WGT can't have tournaments for each tier. They could have one for Amateurs only which would allow players at the same skill level to compete. As it is now, there is no way I would enter one when I'm competing against Masters and/or Pros. I'm not at their level yet.... so why should I be penalized by not being able to play in a tournament?

Though I do agree that RG tournys should be tier based, you can still play in the free tournaments offered by WGT that are tier based (though the payouts do stink).

Maybe WGT believes there won't be much of a demand for hack and amateur tier based RG's?

• cate55
    487 Posts
    Fri, Mar 19 2010 11:15 AM

After further searching on my own, I did find tournament standings.

Thank you for taking the time to reply.

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Sat, Mar 20 2010 5:45 AM
    Where are these tournaments? The payouts do not bother me.. besides, it's only credits that cannot be used anywhere else. It's more of a fair competition thing to me. All WGT has to do is test one storke play tournament. " Open to ALL amatuer tier players only". Think of the added revenue in credit purchases. At the moment, why should I buy any credits to enter a tournament that I have absolutely no chance of winning, much less finish in the top 300?
  • TarheelsRule
    5,476 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 12:12 PM

I can't play in these so I have no dog in the fight but I don't understand why they aren't tier specific, atlhough that tends to leave a big issue in play and that is people who don't move up tiers so they can win.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 12:17 PM

Acey you'd get killed. Do you know how fast some clown would open a new account and get to amateur just to play in those? OIY! There was a small discussion about RGs for those that have never cashed-you're eligible until you cash. WGTNiv indicated in response that WGT is looking at various options like this. Maybe tiers by earnings or something. Stay tuned and keep the faith!

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 12:19 PM

aceydeucey:
    Where are these tournaments? The payouts do not bother me.. besides, it's only credits that cannot be used anywhere else. It's more of a fair competition thing to me.

http://www.wgt.com/tournaments/

Look under the tournament calender.

Right now, there are 6 free stroke play tournaments available, all (I think) are tier based.

If you click on the "Closest to the Hole" tab, there are even more free tournaments (most are sweepstakes).

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Mar 22 2010 3:05 PM

I have taken a fairly painful and expensive path to date via the ready go competitions. If you are not confident of shooting at least -3 in 9 holes and -6 for 18 holes then be prepared to lose a lot of money.

That said I really feel that the added bit of pressure that comes from playing these tournaments has improved my overall game. In recent weeks I have shot my first 28 and my lowest round for 18 holes as well. Now I am making some credits from these tournaments, which means hopefully I never have to make another deposit to buy another sleeve of balls.

• PAGES
RSS