Forums

Help › Forums

G0LD's putting formula UPDATED.

Sat, Oct 30 2021 12:38 AM (202 replies)
  • WarnersSafeCure
    682 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 9:06 AM

i didnt have a headache but  i got one now.  i will stick to the hit n hope . with a degree of (ive been here before).  what a palarva. i have trouble remembering what day it is.

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 9:12 AM

As I already said, Warners.,

"I invite those who frown on the technical aspect of my formula, and choose to putt simply by roughly guessing the break at a glance, to ignore it, with my best wishes. It is hardly fair to blindly downgrade my post because it's not one's cup of tee :-)"

• WarnersSafeCure
    682 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 10:06 AM

G0LD:

As I already said, Warners.,

"I invite those who frown on the technical aspect of my formula, and choose to putt simply by roughly guessing the break at a glance, to ignore it, with my best wishes. It is hardly fair to blindly downgrade my post because it's not one's cup of tee :-)"

no downgrade intended my dear trethwick.,  one was only making an observation and comment of ones .post traumatic stress disorder of the said formuli.  and as you rightly said ,,not everyones cup of rosey lee.

• DanManCan
    270 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 10:13 AM

When they put in a 5 min timer, I might be able to use the "Formula", meanwhile I'm sticking to calculating the speed of the ion particles interacting with the light waves in the air, to determine the optimal viewing distance from the screen.

• WarnersSafeCure
    682 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 10:23 AM

DanManCan:

When they put in a 5 min timer, I might be able to use the "Formula", meanwhile I'm sticking to calculating the speed of the ion particles interacting with the light waves in the air, to determine the optimal viewing distance from the screen.

now thats more like it dan.. does one need 3D glasses to operate this formuli.     if my dongle would work at the north pole. i could intermingle your said formula with the combination of aurora borealis.  and get the ultimate golfing experience.   i could get used to eating seal at a push.

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 12:41 PM

I'm always up to a good laugh, but guys, try harder, perhaps elsewhere; the wit is not compelling, and ultimately, the joke is on you.

No hard feelings, tho :-)

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 1:55 PM

Sorry Guys I have given this formula every opp. and it has failed time and time again, the last straw was one I was  two lines away from the hole, the dots moving either a 2 or a 3 no more.

Did the calculation and was was way off. I even went as far as to make a scale divided into equal increments and gave them the value . For inst. sq.= 30, 1/2 of sq =15, 1/2 of 15 = 7.5 you get the picture. Well all I can say is I gave it my best shot. It is stil a hit and miss thing.

Sorry Gold 

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 2:38 PM

I don't know why it is failing you that badly, Woodo. Something must be off in your gauging or your calculations.

The formula works more often than not for me and a number of other guys, as long as the grid is not a bewildering mess of inconsistencies, or even contradictions. But rest assured that there is no shame in sticking with your old habits, if you're happy with them.

All the best!

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 4:16 PM

Just a thought, do you think the ball has anything to do with it?  What ball do you use Gold?

Gary

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Sun, Apr 22 2012 5:38 PM

Woodoworkery:

Just a thought, do you think the ball has anything to do with it?  What ball do you use Gold?

Gary

Same balls as yours. But don't make yourself sick over that. You are doing quite all right with your own acquired flair. Just play, and be happy :-)

RSS