Forums

Help › Forums

Titleist Balls

Sun, May 6 2018 12:40 PM (22 replies)
  • frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 6:49 PM

These new Titlest  balls   are for the choice  for those with deep pockets . Not for  the majority of players here, most older  on fix icome ,other just strogeling  to  pay  the bills .

• crowll
    15 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 8:35 PM

only for the rich 10 dollars  haha

• coopermicll
    63 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 8:41 PM

Come on guys, it's bad enough that  the winds are unpredictable and producing many extra shots, but $10 for 2.5 rounds per sleeve!? If you need the money that bad charge us yearly maintenance  fees so we can look for another hobby! Don't you realize MOST of the players here are retired or on disability!?

• coopermicll
    63 Posts
    Wed, Apr 25 2018 8:49 PM

For the price of the Titleist balls they should inclide an auto-dinger!

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 1:21 AM

The top balls are for the top players that win all their credits most casual players will not pay that much for the high priced balls.I do like that any player can pick what ball at what price from a rock at zero all the way up to the top balls. Your choice as the player and payer.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 5:51 AM

coopermicll:
    but $10 for 2.5 rounds per sleeve!

I believe you're interpreting this wrong. The 2.5 refers to ball durability, not how many rounds you get from a sleeve. 2.5 rounds for a sleeve means you're going through more than one ball per 9!

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 10:09 AM

coopermicll:
    Don't you realize MOST of the players here are retired or on disability!?

How did you come to that conclusion?

And just curious, you're complaining about the price of a ball that there's no compulsion to buy and yet the ball you used to use cost 750 credits per sleeve. 

I just don't get what there is to complain about. So WGT now offers a very costly ball. How is that a big deal at all?

Now, if they had taken all the other balls out of the pro shop and only offered these high-end Titelist balls, then there would be a reason to complain. But except for one or two balls (for example, the Nike Level 71), everyone can pretty much still purchase the same ball they could before. 

Very few individuals are in a worse position than they were before and everyone has been given more options at the top end, if they choose to take advantage of them and have achieved the appropriate level. 

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 10:53 AM

Through out time people have faced purchase decisions based on price and quality. Even today we expect low prices on products found at businesses such as Wal-Mart. That pair of denim jeans that they sell for $12.95 might be compared to denim jeans with holes in the legs (distressed) that are being sold by Saint Laurent for $750.00. Really?!!?  Makes the WGT Titleist balls seem like a best buy.

• frappefort
    3,994 Posts
    Thu, Apr 26 2018 11:14 AM

frappefort:

These new Titlest  balls   are for the choice  for those with deep pockets . Not for  the majority of players here, most older  on fix icome ,other just strugeling  to  pay  the bills .

Like I said  we all have a choice to get them or not , I can not afford them so is most members I play with .   I just got a new Titlest ball today   ,nice ball to play with .  In my opinion  many like me will find a compremise to the Nikes L71&81.   I started to play with the Volvik  last night  a small adjustment  I had to do, but  they are good for me .    I was just saying Titlest   you pay for the name ,good for members that can afford them  ,I was not complaining.

• coopermicll
    63 Posts
    Sun, May 6 2018 6:20 AM

I realize that is the durability 2.5 is not rounds ,but  wow I tracked the balls and I got 2 eighteen rounds+ 9- 13 holes per sleeve.  That was playing 2-8 under par. Face it, the Titlest's don't perform $3 dollars better than the Nike's did! What are we getting extra for the extra charge?

RSS