Forums

Help › Forums

why are RTG different

Fri, Mar 5 2010 4:52 PM (18 replies)
  • PAGES
  • chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 10:34 PM

Im very curios i dont play rtg much due to this and its happend again.Ive been playing most of the day with no meter problems so i decide against all better judgment ( im still on the hole as i type) bam meter lag ,stutter, spiking what ever you would like to call it right near the ding line no way to pull out of the shot.

Why do RTG matches play so differently ive changed nothing on my system i dont report bug as im still waiting for a response from my emails on server loads .

WGT your silence is frustrating the hell out of me and quite frankly i want my dollar back.Ive done my part in supporting this great game but whenever i pay to play i get the same result which also makes me wonder what the players that win them all the time know that i dont.

QUITE FRANKLY IT STINKS i play around a lot of issues with this game but i cant figure how to avoid this and why does my meter work when im playing free golf.

Iguess they dont want me to play them so i wont

CSC

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 10:43 PM

Sry to hear about your RG game.  I have been reluctant to get in on them for this reason as it will take some getting use to for sure. There were many past threads before on how different the RG's were, some tinfoil hat theories sure (like wind different, more beast/vemmie etc) but I think everyone agreed the meter stutter was worse (so much for the one or two players here who think servers have nothing to do with anything).

The only thing you have to figure is everyone has the same issues, I know several people who play them all the time and they all say the same thing, which agrees with the past threads. So the guys playing well either, play on really low traffic times and/or they are just use to the stutter and bear with it. 

Sry I know this doesnt help that much but I wanted to put it out there anyway. 

• Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 10:43 PM

I do agree, meter performance should be the same in practice mode, vs tournament mode, regardless of the type of tournament.  It definitely has my head scratching to at times. 

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 10:49 PM

3rd hole +3 allready worst ive ever played at old STAndys im going to withdraw as experience tells me i wont recover twice bitten three times shy never again.

Just for the record had practice game 1st high winds same conditions -3 so i know somethings up.

Thx guys at least its not just me the old sayn smellsof rat tastes like rat yep its rat

thx CSC

Iagree Jay server load plays a big part i emailed them ages ago about this was promised an answer if i put it in an email guess what no answer like i said a rat

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 10:56 PM

Sorry to hear you guys are having that problem...mine works exactly the same no matter what I'm playing...

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:09 PM

Really? Are you playing at different times of the day or usually the same time, and what time usually?

I'm finding like lots of others that peak hours are where my problems lie, off peak my game plays very different. 

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:11 PM

danohi50:
    ..mine works exactly the same no matter what I'm playing...

Same here, Dan ... I'm no more or less likely to have meter lag or stutters when I play RG's than when I play any other single player round. More inconsistency with my trigger finger is my biggest problem .... something about putting money on the table.

And to Jay's question about times of the day ... I play at all kinds of times .. most every morning, in the afternoons, early & late evening.. and in the middle of the night when I'm playing from work .... same thing, I never see any real difference in meter problems. And it's not b/c I'm playing on any super system .. my home PC is a  5 or 6 yrd old Dell, barely minimum requirements .. and we have even lesser systems at work. To be honest, I'm not sure how I can even PLAY from work... I've never cleared the flash cache or even upgraded Adobe flash on the computers there.( I'm no IT guy, so I do nothing on those PC's that might affect the server upstairs.)

• jayjonbeach
    689 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:14 PM

Ah but lets get something straight then, you guys are having a few random issues at any or all times then ie practice, ranked, tourney, RG, morning, evening?

This would explain why you notice no difference. 

Some of us see NO problems at all most of the time, except for the things already noted, RG or peak hours. 

If you have no problems at all, which would be surprising, please tell us your OS and browser. 

• chipshotcharlie
    538 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:29 PM

dano

sorry bud just had a look at your stats if ur ok with 37 at st andys maybe you choose not to see the issues no offense intended

CSC

• jeffdos924
    1,085 Posts
    Thu, Mar 4 2010 11:30 PM

That's correct, Jay ... I  may have the occasional meter glitch at any time of day, no matter which mode I'm playing. I have rounds with no problems, and then I might have it happen 2 or 3 times in a single round.

• PAGES
RSS