Forums

Help › Forums

#7 at Saint Andrews - OB Black Hole

rated by 0 users
Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:14 PM (4 replies)
  • Ricksterious
    3 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 3:43 PM

I have noticed that on the left fairway on #7 at Saint Andrews, there seems to be an area to the left side of this left fairway that is deemed "Out of Bounds" in the software. I can see my ball hit in the fairway and then just disappear, OB, but my ball does not even get to the rough, let alone past the rough.

I have to use the left fairway as I am too cheap and not good enough to afford a driver upgrade and can't reach the green in two when I land in the rough on the main fairway.

I saved a replay showing this. The ball is 5-8 yards from going off the fairway and ...poof!...gone.

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Tue, Mar 2 2010 10:43 PM

That's crazy strange! I have to check that out.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Mar 3 2010 4:56 AM

Even crazier is using that green for practice and discovering if you putt off the green to the left you lose the ball because it's out of bounds!!

• golfdoc50
    2 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 2:48 PM

I have had the same problem. Using the standard driver it's impossible to reach the fairway on number 7. The ball ends up in the fescue or rough and I end up losing a shot at best. This happens even with a tailwind because the standard driver won't carry 220 yards. A few times I went on the left fairway, but lately even a short iron shot will become out of bounds even though there is fairway where i am aiming. I hope the course designers can do something to correct the problem. Either add more distance to the driver or let us short hitters play around the fescue.

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Wed, Mar 24 2010 6:14 PM

Hey guys, you can find the explanation here.

RSS