Forums

Help › Forums

Immovable Obstruction, Part 2

rated by 0 users
Fri, Feb 19 2010 11:39 AM (4 replies)
  • cyl6
    347 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 7:18 AM

I hit a perfect drive on Kiawah #7 in the WK 8 MR Premium Tourney. It landed on the 200 yard marker, and I got the following message- "Immovable Obstruction - Free Drop."

Indeed, it gave me a free drop directly ahead of the 200 yard marker, but it also took my brand new Tour GI-S ball out of play and replaced it with a new ball.

What happened to my ball? Can I get it back? Again - the drive was dead center in the fairway - it just happened to stop on a yardage marker. Under no circumstances should that ball be "lost."

Anyway I can get that ball added back to my bag WGT? I post this because I saw a previous post on this same error with no response a while back.

Thanks!

Clarence

• WGTniv
    1,788 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:49 AM

Hi cyl,

You definitely shouldn't lose a ball on a free drop.  Were you able to right-click and submit a bug report when it happened?  That's important because it helps us to identify your shot (amongst the millions) so we can see exactly what happened for ourselves.

I've passed this along for review for now.  If you don't receive a response before the weekend I'll make sure it's reviewed first thing Monday.

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 11:16 AM

Thanks Niv - I was in fact able to submit a bug report. It was today (2/19) in the WK 9 Premium Mulit-Round (Rd 2).

You may also want to see what happened to "steamrolla," who first posted on this in Dec. 2009 (identical issue):

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/7487/47355.aspx#47355

Thanks for looking at this so quickly - maybe there's a good explanation for what happened. Appreciate it, and congrats on your new job!

Clarence

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 11:30 AM

Hi Clarence,

We've replaced the ball in your inventory.  Thanks very much for submitting the bug report.  We'll take a look.

• cyl6
    347 Posts
    Fri, Feb 19 2010 11:39 AM

Thank you (both) for the very fast response.  I really appreciate it.  Love the game!

Clarence

RSS