Forums

Help › Forums

Play when you enter

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 11 2010 5:17 AM (7 replies)
  • plim
    1,388 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 12:11 PM

Its annoying you enter a ready go as the 50th and last player, play and post a score like 48 other people within an hour or so only for one person who entered before you to wait 10 hours to play and post their score. the whole thing could have been over in a matter of a couple of hours, and those who wanted too could have played the ready go again. please play when you enter and don't wait 10 or 11 hours, it just spoils it for the other 49. 

WGT please post all entrants on the scoreboard including those who have entered and still to finish their round. example

tom        32

dick       WD

harry    PENDING

• Stellarscience
    65 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 1:56 PM

I like your idea bu they should have to play immediately upon sign up.  To me this would be quicker just like you stated above...

• ClarkeBosun
    150 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 3:23 PM

Very good idea Plim..

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 3:46 PM

LOL, never happen about posting pending players.  Because a bunch of impatiently ridiculous douche bags would spam that person with slander.

I like to wait a bit to play a lot because then I know what i need to shoot to win or place in the top 4.  I usually just wait an hour or so until the tourny closes and I can see the scores.  Only once since the new format began did I wait until the 10th hour and it was because I fell asleep.

I think this too sometimes, mostly when there's just 1 person left to go and there's still hours until it ends, but it's still not reasonable.  Sometimes life gets in the way of online golf.  Somebody might have to save their round and should be given sufficient time to come back and finish.  Maybe in the future there will more tournys, so that they can have 1 day RGs and RG's where your round must be completed within 2 hours of entering.

Perhaps a 2-3 hour window to finish your round after entering or after the roster is filled isn't such a bad idea.

But bare in mind, theoretically the more frequent you allow people to enter the same RG, the more frequent you'll see the names of the best players stuff the top of the leaderboards, freezing out other competitors from making a decent credit ROI.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 3:48 PM

OaktheToke:
     I usually just wait an hour or so until the tourny closes and I can see the scores.

Can't do this in RG-the OP's complaint. The scores aren't revealed until all 50 have posted or wd.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 3:53 PM

YankeeJim:
    Can't do this in RG-the OP's complaint. The scores aren't revealed until all 50 have posted or wd.

Which is why I like to sometimes wait until the 50 is filled so I can see what I need to shoot. ;)

I want to know if I need to shoot in the 20's to win a 9-holer or can I bring home the bacon with a 30.  Or can I make the top 5 with a 4 under round.

Sometimes if I'm one of the last entrants, I just pull up the tourny results after a few holes.

• ClarkeBosun
    150 Posts
    Wed, Feb 10 2010 11:16 PM

I never look to see what i have to shoot, I just play. It puts me off if I know what I have to shoot lol :)

Fair points all though...

• ncviz
    527 Posts
    Thu, Feb 11 2010 5:17 AM

It's a 10 hour limit, that's what anyone has time to play. If you want 1 hour RGs, then ask for them. I sometimes play when I enter and sometimes don't. If a person or myself wants to wait til the end that is within the rules. If you don't like the rules, then ask for a change in them, not a change in a player's preference to play right away or not.

RSS