Help › Forums

Clubs wont let me play tourney?

rated by 0 users
Sat, Feb 6 2010 12:21 PM (3 replies)
  • nev93
    1 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 10:31 AM

Hi guys,

recently moved up to Pro status so i treated myself to a Pro 3 wood. When this is equiped however im not able to play any of the tourneys?

I keep getting a box saying my Clubs are above my tier?

any ideas?

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 11:06 AM

nev93:

Hi guys,

recently moved up to Pro status so i treated myself to a Pro 3 wood. When this is equiped however im not able to play any of the tourneys?

I keep getting a box saying my Clubs are above my tier?

any ideas?

If you entered the tournament as a amateur then you can only use amateur clubs in tournament. Any tourneys you enter as a pro then you can use your pro+ clubs. That happened to  me when I made pro and bought a pro driver and 3 wood.

• TarheelsRule
    5,484 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 11:08 AM

The post above is the only time I can imagine when you can't use your best clubs in your bag.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Feb 6 2010 12:21 PM
    Here's what I'm thinking: This is a lament we've seen many times, from many players. I'm thinking the guy/gal has just moved up a notch (tier) and has purchased the big dog driver for that tier and knows full well he/she can no longer play in the tournament that no longer fits his/her skill level. But instead they are in denial... they're going "Scoooooore!"... I can now outdrive everybody! Well, no you can't. This is just the feeling I'm getting. i apologize if I'm incorrect.
RSS