Forums

Help › Forums

RG Green Speed

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 4 2010 9:58 AM (1 replies)
  • cyl6
    347 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 9:52 AM

Hi, I feel like I've encountered some varying green speeds within the same ready-go tournament.  Nothing crazy enough to generate a bug log, but I played the BP F9 RG today, and on some of the greens, they felt incredibly slow. I probably left 4 birdie putts 1 ft short on the first 5 holes because I hit them for a "fast" green. Then, I overcompensated and hit the putts harder, and they played more like a "fast" green, not a slow one. I've played a ton of these tourneys, and I just haven't experienced feeling like putts were simply guesswork until the recent batch of ready-gos. 

I mean, a "standard" green should be relatively slow, but not have a putt hit 21 feet (flat) only roll 12 - that just seems weird to me.

Anyone else experiencing the same thing? Or I am just having an off-day?

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Thu, Feb 4 2010 9:58 AM

They did change the green speeds in the RG tournys in the last update.   I only noticed when I was on the 1st hole in the 2 RG's tournys that I play in.

The Kiawah front 9 has been changed from very fast to just fast.

The Kiawah full 18 was changed from fast to standard.

I don't play the BPB RG's, but the green speeds seemed accurate for the duration of the round for the 2 RG's I listed and played in yesterday.

RSS