Help › Forums

Ready GO tournaments

rated by 0 users
Thu, Feb 16 2012 11:00 PM (13 replies)
  • PAGES
  • johnabbott
    1 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 8:00 AM

I am a level 54 tour pro. I sure don't play like one but never the less.  I recently entered a full 18 tourney at Kiawah and it was a very humbling round of golf. The greens were set on championship and I couldn't even make a 2 ft putt on many of the holes. I ended up +13. Quite embarrising. I like the idea of entering the ready go's. Here's my question. How can you tell what the conditions are before you spend your credits to join a tourney. The legends can have those championship greens!

• Boomerboy44
    1,514 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 2:19 PM

Lmao.... It's called the learning curve and we all have been there. Keep playing and before you know it you will be a Legend.  GOOD LUCK.

Lots of good tips on putting here>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• restorethis
    151 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 2:30 PM

johnabbott:

How can you tell what the conditions are before you spend your credits to join a tourney.

http://www.wgt.com/tournaments/readygo_new.aspx

• BubbaCrusher007
    1,567 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 4:09 PM

Join a Country Club. You can re-create championship greens in a FREE tourney that you create. Idk, maybe I'm wrong here but that seems like a way to play champ. greens before you lay down credits on a ready go. Or maybe you could enter a free tourney with championship greens before you enter the 100 credit ready go? Just a thought.

I don't spend credits on games at wgt, not until I really do my homework.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Wed, Feb 15 2012 4:28 PM

I recommend the Back 9 St Andrews ready go at the moment. Conditions are low wind and fast greens.

Although you may want to stick to playing the tiered tour pro ready go's as these will be against only players from your own tier

• xstinsonx
    363 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2012 6:52 AM

DAZZA501:

Although you may want to stick to playing the tiered tour pro ready go's as these will be against only players from your own tier

It doesn't matter if you play tier or open tournaments winning score is going to be a 28 or 29 99% of the time. I've seen on the Weekly tournaments were hacks shoot 29. So many multiple accounters these days. Just got to work that much harder to win I reckon.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2012 8:58 AM

Re: Champ greens.

The unlimited on the Best of Hardest 18 is playing Champ greens.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2012 9:00 AM

BubbaCrusher007:
    You can re-create championship greens in a FREE tourney that you create.

Last I checked you could not, however between the last updates and the CC Tee thing, if you selected "random" conditions, Champs would come up sometimes.

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2012 10:00 AM

xstinsonx:

DAZZA501:

It doesn't matter if you play tier or open tournaments winning score is going to be a 28 or 29 99% of the time. I've seen on the Weekly tournaments were hacks shoot 29. So many multiple accounters these days. Just got to work that much harder to win I reckon.

Maybe it's the same score to win the ready go but to get in the top 10 and make a profit it's alot easier in a tiered ready go. A 33 in a tour pro tiered ready go will get you your credits back or sometimes a profit. 33 in an open to all ready go will get you nothing pretty much everytime

• LeonDelBosque
    1,551 Posts
    Thu, Feb 16 2012 10:12 AM

DAZZA501:

xstinsonx:

DAZZA501:

Maybe it's the same score to win the ready go but to get in the top 10 and make a profit it's alot easier in a tiered ready go. A 33 in a tour pro tiered ready go will get you your credits back or sometimes a profit. 33 in an open to all ready go will get you nothing pretty much everytime

It's crazy to enter all-tier ready-gos at your level (unless you have a serious gambling problem). If you want to have a chance, stick to tour pro only.

• PAGES
RSS