Forums

Help › Forums

balls replaced mid round with starters !!!!

Wed, May 12 2010 7:49 AM (12 replies)
  • PAGES
  • GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 10:51 AM

ok,

just played Kiawah Ready Go & on the third hole my Yellow Tour S balls ran out & got replaced with starter balls even though i had Three Light Blue Tour S balls left, now is this correct i would have thought it would not matter what colour my balls are i play with Tour S so why did i get starter balls to finish my round  when i still got Tour S  in my bag allbeit a different colour

i dont buy balls to have them replaced by starters, that just dont make sense, this needs fixing i think Wgt because after  my balls changed i scored bad, i suppose the moral of this story is keep the same colour balls, looks like i learnt the hard way .

Screwer  :)

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 11:01 AM

Yeah, ideally  they'd let you just choose from whatever balls you have in inventory instead of just reverting to the default ball.

And you are correct, the game will not switch to the same type of ball, but different color if you run out.   :(

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 11:49 AM

The real question here, is how do you let yourself run out of balls? You should always know how many balls you have before you start the game and if you are careless enough to start a game with a ball that is about to be replaced. You can always go to the proshop and buy a new ball of the same type and colour mid game. The balls are automatically added to your bag so I don't really understand how one can run out?

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 11:59 AM

GLADSTONESCREWER:
     just played Kiawah Ready Go & on the third hole my Yellow Tour S balls ran out & got replaced with starter balls.............because after  my balls changed i scored bad

I wouldn't mind if that was Kia full RG #2112 

I just posted a 61 and somehow hoping it sticks even if it means my virtual caddy has to snake a few balls from your bag. :)

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:46 PM

lol , don't worry about me, I haven't made a putt since the patch.

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:59 PM

Kaslo:

So I guess that means the voodoo doll my shaman threw together is actually working :)

• GLADSTONESCREWER
    749 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 1:31 PM

Kaslo,

I did not let myself run out of balls, i had three Tour S balls ready but in a different colour , i  was not aware that the balls will not be replaced unless they are the same colour like you.

1,644 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 1:38 PM

From the FAQ: ---->

What happens if I run out of balls during a round?

When you reach the hit limit for the ball you are using it will be replaced automatically with a new ball of the same type and color. If you do not have any more of the ball type and color in your inventory then the Basic ball will be inserted. The Basic ball is the ball provided to you when you first start playing WGT. Once you play with the Basic ball you cannot change balls during your round.

Gotta read the fine print.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 2:05 PM

OaktheToke:

Kaslo:

So I guess that means the voodoo doll my shaman threw together is actually working :)

LMAO

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Wed, May 12 2010 5:25 AM

There should be a clear suggestion to WGT that when a sleeve of balls is used up during a game the ball can be replaced by a ball of the same TYPE - not necessarily the same type and COLOR. The color should not matter!!! This is irrational.

It is, however, reasonable to require replacement with the same TYPE of ball. This is to prevent strategic manipulation, for example starting a round with a worn-out ball that is helpful for playing one of the early holes (e.g. spin on BPB 2) with a different type of ball with characteristics that are useful for playing subsequent holes (e.g. distance on BPG 7 or 15, just to use a crazy example).

As it is, you are stuck forever with the same color of golf balls of a certain type, or else you risk having to revert to the basic ball in the middle of a round. (OK, you could decide to use up the old color on practice rounds, if it really gets on your nerves....)

• PAGES
RSS