Forums

Help › Forums

7th green at Kiawah

rated by 0 users
Wed, Feb 3 2010 12:25 PM (6 replies)
  • OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 10:49 AM

Directly to the left of the hole, 1 ft to be exact, the slope moves much faster than marked.

I missed my putt left yet again.  I hit the 2 ft putt 4 ft and aimed it right center of the cup.  The slope depicted is a slow to moderate moving dot.  The put behaves like a lightning fast moving dot.

I was in a full Kiawah RG with fast moving greens.  Check it out for yourself

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 11:41 AM

Something really should be done about that green.  There is absolutely no way that the green surface in real life is anything like what we see here on WGT. 

• OaktheToke
    409 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 12:12 PM

I'm in Mass and have never played it.  How is it different?  The slope running across the green?

I've also noticed a glitch when in the mulch to the right of the green right around the tree.  Your lie says 15-20% but the ball won't move more than a couple feet.  This is when using a full 64W shot nonetheless with plenty extra power.  It took me 3 shots to hit the green the other day.  Fortunately I'm not over there than often.

• BolloxInBruges
    1,389 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 3:39 PM

I've never played it either but based on the way the ball wobbles and surges on here, it would not logistically work in real life.  There is no way a ball could change directions 5 times in the span of 10 feet.  A mower would either scalp the turf, or not cut it in certain places if the TINY ridges around the hole were actually like that. 

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 6:04 PM

The same hole you hit the magical 8i approach if you have a bad wind on the drive, only to get about 122 YRDS out of 145 yard club!

• foley1362
    22 Posts
    Tue, Feb 2 2010 9:39 PM

OaktheToke - We haven't met or played, but I had the exact same issue today on that hole.  Took me 3 shots to get out of the mulch.  Tried a flop, a chip and finally a full shot to get me out.  Cost me a double bogey since I missed the treacherous 10ft bogey putt I had left.  Managed to still shot 62 somehow, but a 60 would have been awesome and my lowest rd ever there.

~Oh well, I'll keep plugging along

• duffer66
    700 Posts
    Wed, Feb 3 2010 12:25 PM

We were playing a match round yesterday on Kia and my opponents putt on that green did exactly the same hard break at the cup, mental note made for the next time. As far as the mulch goes, I was there last week and you have to use a puch shot toget out of there. Not being accustomed to that shot my ball ended on the other side of the green, so your going to have to practice the shot to find what distance the ball will go.

RSS