Forums

Help › Forums

Leaderboard problem.. i hope this is a bug

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 29 2010 7:49 PM (5 replies)
  • NNgrim
    42 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:04 PM
    I like the new features in the latest update, but I have one problem. I don't have a leaderboard on my ready go tourneys. It is no longer listed on my menu when Im playing the tournament, and there isn't a tab for it when I finish. I must go to the main menu, go back under the readygo tab, then click for finished tournaments and look it up that way. I played a stroke play tourney and the leaderboard is there, so as far as I can tell, it's only a readygo issue. Does anyone else have this problem or is it just me?
  • Infinito3010
    3,689 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 8:49 PM

I see the same thing, but you can easily access the leader after the round from the Ready-go past tournament page.  This assumes that all 50 players have signed up.

• NNgrim
    42 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 7:46 AM

It's been a few days since the update and my post, can I get an official response about this? It's driving me nuts.

Why do we no longer have a leaderboard for ready-gos? It's more than a slight inconvenience, I think it's essential to know where you stand. Was this planned or just an oversight?

• CaptainCouples
    135 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 12:10 PM

NNgrim:
    Why do we no longer have a leaderboard for ready-gos? It's more than a slight inconvenience, I think it's essential to know where you stand.

I could not agree more NN. What tournament does not display a leader board? I have played in amateur tournaments that track the leaders.

This wasnot broke but got fixed any way. I imagine that 3 players complained about other's being able to view the leader board. So some brilliant idiot said lets remove it then. OMG!

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 3:45 PM

Unless all of the other players in your ready-go had completed their round, the leaderboard wouldn't show any information during your game, so we removed it from the game menu.

• NNgrim
    42 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 7:49 PM

That's not true. The leaderboard was available once 50 players entered and tournament and entry was closed. That information can be important for strategy during your round. It can determine whether you choose to play conservative or aggressive, depending on the already posted scores. It also can help a player determine whether to complete a round or simply withdraw depending on how they might rank.

All the other tournaments have a leaderboard available while you play, and if you play a "real" tournament,  you most likely have a leaderboard also.

Bottom line is that it was a useful feature... probably more useful than most of those other  buttons on the menu. The way it's set up right now, you can't even see the leaderboard when you finish the final hole! 

You play the tourney, and to find out how you finished, you must exit out, return to the main menu, then go back to the tournaments menu, find readygo, click the link for closed/finished tournaments, search for your tournament's number, and then click the link to see the results.That's just ridiculous.

Please "unfix" this.

RSS