• PAGES
  • OMM15
    2 Posts
    Tue, Jan 26 2010 2:03 PM

why only 2 courses?

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 9:00 AM

OMM, at the moment only Bethpage and Kiawah are available for full stroke play, but we are working to add more full courses that you will be able to play from tee to hole.  The other courses can currently be played in closest-to-the-hole mode.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Wed, Jan 27 2010 3:22 PM

WGTadmin:

we are working to add more full courses that you will be able to play from tee to hole

Like, for example????

• Sonnj9
    9 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 10:07 AM

Has anyone noticed that the ball travels different distances on different courses?

I hit the same shots on Bethpage that I do on Kiawah, yet the distance is consistently less, even when taking into account that many of the Bethpage shots have elevated greens.

• TINO3
    1 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 11:28 AM

Kiawah and Bethpage have been the only stroke play courses available for months.  WGT needs to get on this!!!!

• SweetiePie
    4,925 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 12:44 PM

Well, one year ago (I wasn't here yet,  4-23-09) there were three game options. Kiawah front nine stroke play, Bali Hai CTTH and Kiawah CTTH. Then the back nine of Kiawah became available at the same time Wolf CTTH. That was the situation when I started.

Then, BPB CTTH was added. In June, BPB full 18 stroke play came along. At that time only the free ball existed along with driver upgrades stopping at 235 yards max along with one putter upgrade (WGT) and a couple of iron upgrades.

Since that time, we have been rewarded with 3 additional CTTH courses and a fully stocked pro shop that has the needs of the Hack, Amateur, Pro and Master very well covered. And in the very near future we will be playing 18 holes of stroke play at St. Andrews.

Patience is the key and highly recomended.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 1:10 PM

As ever, Ms. SweetiePie's utterances are among the few voices of reason getting drowned in this desert of nothingness (I mean bitching & moaning). A calm, patient attitude is a rare commodity these days.  

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 2:55 PM

I have heard that the calmer you get when playing golf in real life the easier it is for you to concentrate and make the right swing.....  how much more patience do you want us to have?  Will the St. Andrew's course be tied in to a special tournament to start like Bethpage Black was last year?  Will it remain a course for stroke play after said tournament?  I wait with anticipation to try one of the hardest courses to play on the most challenging internet golf game available.  Thank you for the free game....

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Thu, Jan 28 2010 6:55 PM

ChristopherRouss:
    Will it remain a course for stroke play after said tournament?

That much is clear. And I wouldn't be as pessimistic as to expect St. Andrews's release to drag on into May/June, which is when Bethpage was released last year. I hope we'll get to see the front 9 in February, and the back 9 in March. If this game really took one full calendar year to produce another 18-hole stroke-play course, I think the demise of this game would come very soon. (TWO has just introduced their 7th 18-hole stroke-play course in less than a year, Torrey Pines, earlier today.)

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Fri, Jan 29 2010 11:59 AM
    I wasn't being pessimistic. I signed up for TWO but I could never get it to load in less than 10 minutes.... so I never got a game played there. TWO also already has a good head start in courses they can choose from via their Console Video Games.... all they have to do is transfer the data to Beta.... Here they are programming the course from photos.
  • PAGES
RSS