Forums

Help › Forums

PUTTING - Gauging break and power (a formula and work in progress).

Sun, Jul 8 2012 5:47 PM (125 replies)
  • saltiresfan
    2,266 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:43 AM

YankeeJim:

You came up with 25.9 in your computation. Using the value of 30 for that grid, you aimed too far right. By the looks of the picture you aimed it 30 feet. You have to estimate how far along the line to aim based on 25.9 as a % of that 30.

That's because the hole isn't on the line. It's in about 5. 25.9 is correct though for 4 lines of speed 5 seconds (no elevation)?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 10:57 AM

I was never sure if that was supposed to be considered so I would use the entire box. Maybe Gold can shed some light on it but it looks like if you just used the box, not the pin, it might have gone in.

If you shift the box over so it starts on the hole then it looks like you aimed the 25.9 you figured.

• GerryTS
    122 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 11:51 AM

Received your reply Jim. Thanks much, appreciated. 

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 12:58 PM

ToddX61:
    Hi YankeeJim ... I was unable to find the post you're referring to.  Can you point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

Heh-Was afraid somebody might ask that.  BRB...........

Still looking but found this along the way........

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 5:45 PM

Jim, I do use the entire box in my calculation, but I still take into consideration the fact that the first grid line is a little before the ball or the last grid line is a little after the hole. This adds subtlety to the end break number. 

• G0LD
    358 Posts
    Sun, Jul 8 2012 5:47 PM

Still I invite you and everyone else on this outdated thread to do the follow-up on the updated one at this address: http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/99536.aspx .

Thank you.

RSS