Forums

Help › Forums

"Submit this problem to WGT" - What info is sent?

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jan 15 2010 9:40 AM (2 replies)
  • PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 8:59 AM

I've read the Announcement and "sticky" about properly submitting "right-click bug reports" to WGT during gameplay, but I've wondered about one thing, since my first submittal:

What information, other than what is typed into the fields provided, is WGT able to view? I'm not asking for specific, technical details which I would probably not understand anyways.

What I am asking is, what info are we "supplementing" with our descriptions of the event? i.e. Are graphic "screenshots" included automatically? Are the course, hole, and variables (like wind, green grid slope, etc...) included in the submittal automatically?

It may make it easier to provide better and more efficient information if we knew what data was already automatically included in the submittal. Especially when time is of the essence in multiplay, when we are "on-the-clock".

Thanks, PugsAce

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 9:04 AM

Every little nuance about the shot is sent including where you aimed, what club you used, how much spin you applied, where you struck the meter and pretty much every other condition present that would affect the shot.  I think it even sends how long you've been in a single session (ie not closed the browser).  I'm not sure if screen shots are included, but I'm thinking that wouldn't be necessary if you have all the data to extrapolate from.

That's my understanding anyway, but that's why they need the bug reports.  It's the only time they are going to get all of the key details.

• PugsAce
    1,825 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 9:40 AM

Thanks niv. It's great to know that they get all that info about the shot, etc...

... for GUI problems, it would seem essential that at least a representation of the screen displayed (at the time of the problem), should be included.

IIRC, WGTAlex has mentioned sending in screenshots with "bug emails", so, and correct me if I'm wrong,  I'm thinking that this info isn't auto-included in the right-click reports.

I can now see how these "on-the-spot" reports are so very valuable.

RSS