Forums

Help › Forums

My first week with WGT

Sun, Jan 17 2010 1:13 AM (6 replies)
  • Tiggulok
    8 Posts
    Wed, Jan 13 2010 10:11 AM

Hello all,

I am starting my second week with WGT and getting a lot better at hitting the perfect snap more consistently.  However, the more I hit the perfect snap the more I see a snap penalty.

I spent 100 credits for the stripped Driver so far.  Do I need to buy better equipment that will overcome this snap penalty? 

I do enjoy this game with over 40 rounds under my belt but the better I get at snapping the ball the more weird stuff I see; pushing, pulling, 10+ yards overshoot.  Why should I want to learn this game and invest money into it?

Tigg

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Thu, Jan 14 2010 1:08 PM

Welcome. I've bin here maybe 8 months and learn something new nearly every time I play.  Although I don't put in a lot of stick time, I play much better than I did back then.  So give it some time...learn and have realistic expectation.  The more you practice, the better you'll play and the more fun you will have.  If you love golf, you will be glad you found this place. 

Be sure to check out the Getting Started and FAQs over on the right of the screen.  Your biggest problem here might be finding time to do the really important things in life (Smile).

Joey 

• Tiggulok
    8 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 9:36 AM

Thanks for the advice.  For the sake of our economy and global warming I spent some money and bought all new clubs....ooooh the putter meter is fast.

After 20 minutes with my new clubs I had a 30ft putt for eagle.

The fun of getting my *** kicked in matchplay will keep me around for a while.

I may end up buying another putter...

Tigg

• Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Fri, Jan 15 2010 1:25 PM

I like the putter you have.  Give it some time...you'll get the hang of it.  I have some information on the meter distances on my Blog...feel free to check it out.  Now, if I could only read the green speeds (smile).

Joey    

• poulph43
    4 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 11:20 AM
    Hej Joey I´m new on WGT - I like it very much. Yesterday I was i big problems in the MULCH how can you get out of this mess?? You wrote that you have some putting distances on your blog - what´s the address? best regards poulph43 (Denmark)
  • imcoola
    228 Posts
    Sat, Jan 16 2010 11:34 AM
    the blog is on his profil page. you can get out of the mulch by using the punch shot. Just click on FULL just left of your club. A panel of shots types appears. Punch should be right under Full. regards
  • Joeyola
    1,210 Posts
    Sun, Jan 17 2010 1:13 AM

Hi poulph43.  I've not been in the mulch enough to give advice...perhaps others will weigh in on this. 

As for putting, I made a few changes to my Blog post.  Like imcoola said, you can find it on my Profile page.       

New players, suggest you check out the Getting Started and FAQs over there------>

Joey

EDIT: There was a mistake on the 15 scale when divided by 6.  I forgot to include 2.5 feet.  Its fixed now.

RSS