Forums

Help › Forums

multiplayer game criteria.

Sat, Jun 26 2010 1:31 PM (14 replies)
  • PAGES
  • igiveup
    110 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 12:52 PM
    Today I attempted to play a Join a Group game with the Player Standard set for Pro +. The first attempt had me placed in a game with an amateur (host) with a handicap of 120 something. I declined the game and tried again.... the next two games had me placed in the same game.... which I declined. This seems to be a bug... firstly it didn't recongnise my search criteria, or a game initiated by a Pro + player who quits before tee off can be hosted by anyone and the initial criteria still applies. WGT can you please advise me which of these applies in this situation.
  • marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Sun, Jan 3 2010 1:07 PM

Yeah, this bug has been reported and acknowledged by WGT.   One thing that seems to help is to change 1 other criteria.   I usually change "Mode" to "Ranked" and the search seems to function normally.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:29 PM

This still isn't fixed WGT.

Do we have confirmation that this will be fixed in the next release?

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:34 PM

My guess is that when you first start a game, it uses the parameters you've selected for the first few moments. 

However, if you sit waiting for an opponent for too long I think it loosens up your restrictions so it can match you up with someone instead of just sitting there waiting for what could be a long long time if there are no Masters available and that's what your looking for.

Just my guess though, but I have noticed similar behavior.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:39 PM

I don't think it's due to that.

I say that because sometimes it does work, and I get no hits.   As soon as I drop down to Pro+, I get a hit, with a Pro host.   It could be a coincedence, but I usually play MP at times when there should be relatively high traffic.

And it's not dropping me down to the next available tier player game, it looks to be random since I've ended up in Amateur and Hack hosted MP games.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Fri, Jan 8 2010 2:49 PM

We're looking into this issue and hope to have it addressed in our next release.

• whinsoul
    134 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 8:46 AM

and the next release will be when abouts?

• TheLighterDark
    1,404 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 9:52 AM

This thread = 6 months old.

I always assumed that when this happened the game could find no games that matched my criteria and instead of ending the group it just allowed lower-tier players in.

• whinsoul
    134 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 3:29 PM

Yes, I know the thread is old but still... it seems a bit far off center when you have the criteria set for master and you wind up with a 150 average hack... which has hapened on more than one occasion.   and then theres the times that it puts you with a pro and they end the game because, I assume they do not want to play with a master...

• YOQUESWEDEN
    6 Posts
    Sat, Jun 19 2010 10:06 PM

I played against a master and a hack recently, being an amateur myself.

I played unusually well and had a lead before the 9th and last hole, +3 against +4 for the master. Then he disconnected during the 9th hole.

Would he lose a lot in ranking if he lost to an amateur and maybe quit because of that? Did I lose in ranking compared to if he had finished the game and I had won?

All disconnections, for whatever reason (technical problems, toilet visits, being caught by the boss or keeping a good record) are annoying but I guess there isn't much you can do about it.

• PAGES
RSS