Forums

Help › Forums

Just having a blast at Ready Go lol

rated by 0 users
Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:39 PM (1 replies)
  • durtaholic
    24 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:05 PM

Wow, I'm having fun today . Just started a tournament and off to a great start . psj-gs03 server

BP  Front 9

Hole 1  - Took 6 swings to get it off the box due to the meter freezing then taking off. Really trying to be patient on pulling the trigger :)  Drive goes left into second cut. 190 yds out now  with ball sitting up , try to hit a 3 wood punch that leaves me on the fringe short.  Gives me 28 yds to pin with 2 foot uphill rise.  I hit a 26 yard chip full with a little topspin and it goes a whole 22 yds .  Maybe the wrong club  choice  ?   Now it says I have a 16 foot putt which I miss by 3 inches .   +1

Hole 2 -  Meter jumps right at the line . Catch it in time to end up in fairway 133 out  8mph x wind . Aim a little right,  slight bs and knockdown 145 club  at 96 % . Straight into frontside bunker for a distance of 110 yds ... Third Shot - 23 yds with 3 foot rise-  15-20 % ( wow I can see the ball )  Hit 95 % of a 22 yd  pitch wedge shot and end up 5 yds short leaving a 14 foot putt . Again, maybe a wrong choice in bunker play  ?  Putt misses by 3 inches  + 2

Hole 3-  9 mph wind blowing out -Knockdown 200 club  97 % with some backspin . Ball lands 5 yds short of hole and rolls past into first cut leaving 13 yds. Chip up with 10 yd wedge and tap in for OMG  a par, things are looking up lol.

Well not going to breakdown the rest of my + 3 round with a long breathed rant.  Just figure another  dollar donation to the guys and gals that have figured this crazy game out. But after a few more meter glitches and a refreshment break for a double rum and coke, as well as launching a mouse against the wall, I bowed my head and posted my 3 over.

Was just wondering , can someone give their opinion on the first few hole shots and club choices that were made?   That knockdown 145 shot still has me scratching my head. 110 yds  hmmmmmm. Thanks for any input .

For me , like I have said for the last month, going to never play one of these ready go tournies again, just  go back to the stroke play rooms and count dis-connectors.(9 and counting today by the way ) and listen to people talk crap back and forth to each other .

Nah, maybe not,

Sound like free match play for me the rest of the weekend  lol.

Peace and Happy New Year to all the cool people I have met and played with on here .

Bill

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Jan 2 2010 4:39 PM

The 3W doesnt play well, even with the punch shot, from out of the rough.  The hybrid or irons will. 

28 yards with a 2 rise almost needs the power of a 29 yard shot. The first green is slopped back to front, so your whole shot was uphill, only 2 rise at the pin.

Hole 2 from anywhere on that fairway, if I remember correctly is 23 feet above you, raised greens like that take a lot more club to get up on them, as the ball arcs and the green rises the club distance shortens.

From the bunker, already not counting the rise, distance and lie, takes about a 25 yard shot.

My choice for off the green first hole and out of the bunker 2nd hole, comes down to the same club on both, using what I think would be the correct power level, in both cases something over 50%..........50 Yard Wedge.......Full swing setting

Gary

RSS