Forums

Help › Forums

Nice graphics but...

rated by 0 users
Thu, Jan 7 2010 9:44 AM (9 replies)
  • KBFudge
    2 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 12:05 AM

Its just another 'time the click' right golf game which ultimately will turn away a lot of gamers...

1,644 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 4:56 AM

Play a bit more and learn the subtleties, you may change your opinion.  Timing the click isn't even near 50% of the skill involved in putting together a good round.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 5:13 AM

No offense is intended but please let me know when you click 100% of your shots in one round.Even if you do you would of had to had a lot of things right to finish under par.Not just clicking the "ding".

I hardly ever ding the meter but I still get off a good round now and then.I'm sure I'll take some flack for this but this game does remind me of PGA Tour Golf '95 for the super nintendo .That was before it was turned into a cartoon.That game had the same type of meter.

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 5:31 AM

KBFudge:

Its just another 'time the click' right golf game which ultimately will turn away a lot of gamers...

lol

Sorry, WGT hasn't released the "telepathic swing" feature yet.   Please check back in 2020 when that new feature has been officially released to the public.

• Oldtimer75
    8 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 5:41 AM
    Hi the swing meter is sometimes not all i would like, but works, if they could give us some different metered swing 7, 9, 11, etc would help the green is where i find the meter lets me down the most.
  • Crazyman2
    731 Posts
    Wed, Dec 30 2009 6:05 AM

I don't advise looking for various "swingers"  you could end up losing your car keys!!

• KBFudge
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 12:34 AM

Actually, the subtleties are the easy part... the first day I played I shot rounds of even par, +1 and -1 and went from hack to amateur.

Its not that the game is hard to play... hurry up and click golf games have been around for ages and are boring to most gamers.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 5:37 AM

KBFudge:
    and -1

That -1 must of been a practice round be cause I don't see a sub par round in your 6 ranked rounds that you played.Best 18 hole round is 72.No 9 hole rounds played.

This game might be boring to gamers but not real life golfers.I like this game and the graphics.I play golf in real life and It's the best simulation I have ever seen on a computer.

• Spacklero
    386 Posts
    Thu, Dec 31 2009 7:02 PM

GITrDONE:
    I'm sure I'll take some flack for this but this game does remind me of PGA Tour Golf '95 for the super nintendo

I totally agree GiT - pga tour 95 and then elements of links ls 2000. Both were a great grounding for playing wgt.

• Fata
    116 Posts
    Thu, Jan 7 2010 9:44 AM

I'm wondering if anybody on here played at Skillground(UTour).   That's exactly what it reminds me of.

RSS