Forums

Help › Forums

Green Mapping Issue Kiawah #7

Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:18 PM (8 replies)
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 4:14 PM

Please have a look at this replay entitled "Fake Hole"

I was putting for Eagle on Kiawah #7 and I'll be damned if it didn't roll right through the flagstick and over the center of the hole.  I wish it were a joke.

The default replay or View #2 will show you what I mean.  View #1 will show you the discrepancy between hole locations in the two views.

• jbenny11
    863 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 6:03 PM
    damn niv that is crazy, had it happen on wedge shot check my replays
  • birdwell
    561 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 12:56 AM

that is interesting.

(note: you'll need to have the ball tracer on to really see what nivlac is talking about)

If there is a sleight hole "off-set" between views that explains a lot of  "WOW! how did that NOT go in!" and also "man... I'm so so lucky that went in. looked like it disappeared in the side of the cup...."

I have seen (an experienced) some wacky misses on that hole especially, less than a foot out. 

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 8:08 AM

nivlac:

Please have a look at this replay entitled "Fake Hole"

I was putting for Eagle on Kiawah #7 and I'll be damned if it didn't roll right through the flagstick and over the center of the hole.  I wish it were a joke.

The default replay or View #2 will show you what I mean.  View #1 will show you the discrepancy between hole locations in the two views.

I had the same thing happen on #7 on 12/27. 3 ft away for birdie and the ball rolled over the hole and a foot past it.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 11:30 PM

Thanks for the report.

• GolfDum
    396 Posts
    Mon, Dec 28 2009 11:40 PM

Glad you caught that Niv, I had the same thing happen on the exact hole today. I was in a multi-player round though and couldn't record it.

GD

• AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Tue, Dec 29 2009 2:48 AM

I have a Replay entitled "Legendary Putt" - and Nivlac's experience throws some new light on it.

Even so, I think in my case I have to conclude that my Legendary Putt was My Play not WGT - but who knows now.

I also have had wacky stuff happen with putts on that green.  I thought it was Me.

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 10:52 AM

birdwell:
    (note: you'll need to have the ball tracer on to really see what nivlac is talking about
    Dumb question I know but how do you turn on the ball tracer? I have searched and cannot find the answer. 

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Fri, Aug 27 2010 1:18 PM

It is in options under display and it is the next to the last option there.You will need to scroll down to find it. It says ball trails(replay).

RSS