Forums

Help › Forums

Newbie chiming in

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 27 2009 7:16 AM (7 replies)
  • 350avg
    2 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2009 8:46 PM

Hey everyone Merry Christmas, I am new to the game, have been practicing in the closest to the hole games trying to get my average up.  Tuff game haven't even began to learn how to putt yet.  Looking forward to meeting some of you and playing with you, see you on the course hit em long and straight.

• WGTalex
    2,087 Posts
    Thu, Dec 24 2009 9:00 PM

Welcome, and happy holidays!

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 5:37 AM

Hey 350 and Merry Cristmas.Welcome to the WGT!! The average is only affected by playing stroke play rounds in "Ranked Mode". You must somplete these rounds in order for them to count towards lowering your average.I believe once you get the hang of the meter evrything else will fall in line for you.If you need same tips you can check out the "Game Tips" part of the forums.A lot of very good players have put some brilliant tips in there.Welcome once again and enjoy the golf and the forums and looking forward to seeing you on the course!

Merry Christmas,

Larry

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 11:59 AM

LOL-that 350 average, unless you're a baseball player, will turn really fast if you click on Putting Tips in the FAQ's and live by the post you see!. GL and welcome.

YJ

• AlaCowboy
    1,321 Posts
    Fri, Dec 25 2009 6:56 PM

350avg:

Hey everyone Merry Christmas, I am new to the game, have been practicing in the closest to the hole games trying to get my average up.  Tuff game haven't even began to learn how to putt yet.  Looking forward to meeting some of you and playing with you, see you on the course hit em long and straight.

From one Dawg fan to another, Welcome to WGT and Merry Christmas!! Go Dawgs!!

• 350avg
    2 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 4:14 PM

Thanks everyone, I will certainly study up on the forums didn't know about the tournaments but I guess the closest to the hole game will help with practice. 

• KatieJ
    43 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 5:23 AM

Hi 350

Dont make the mistake of paying for things on here,, just play the free stuff and don't buy the better clubs, balls etc. You'll also find they aren't very helpful if you have a problem and will blame your computer or connection or you and will simply ignore or eventually ban you if you persist in letting others know of the problems you have. They insisted for months they had no problem with the swing meter yet seems most players did have problems with it being jumpy, yet they blamed everyone but themselves. Eventually it got better however it still gets jumpy at times. You'll notice other small problems such as it will lock up at times and on occasion the stroke counter will add an extra stroke on some holes. Nothing you can do about it

• salamii
    1,058 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 7:16 AM

Hi 350, welcome to WGT.   Playing only the ctth rounds is a good way to start but in no way should you limit yourself to those. Get out on the course and play. That's the only way to learn the game. We were all like you at first, you will make many mistakes and have terrible rounds. Take your time  and have fun. If you have questions or problems just use the public beta section of the forum. There are many members that will gladly help you answer any questions that you may have. Just keep your thread polite and cordial.  There are many here with negative attitudes and add nothing positive with their opinions, as you can see by the reply you got from the previous post.  Also If you want advice or tips on the game do not be afraid to ask any of the other people that you play with, most will gladly help you.  Shoot me an invite anytime.  Grip em and rip em.

Sal.

RSS