Help › Forums

Bracket Tournaments

rated by 0 users
Mon, Mar 4 2024 9:23 AM (3 replies)
  • DKJ8591
    1 Posts
    Thu, Feb 29 2024 12:53 PM

Need some guidance please - 

I’ve entered and played in two first round bracket tourneys. Both times when completed it showed that there was at least several hours before the first round ended. I logged back into the tourneys later thinking that the first round was over (which it was), but showed that I had WD?? I was thinking that when I logged back into the tournament I would be in a position to start the 2nd round. What am I doing incorrectly - please advise!

• Stlkcdc3
    278 Posts
    Fri, Mar 1 2024 4:05 PM

Not exactly sure what happened. From my experience, once you enter you can play your 1st round. I don't think the clock starts on the 24 hour window until all 16 have entered.

Then you have an entire day to play round 1. Round 2 starts after those 24 hours. Now you will have 24 more hours to complete round 2. You can play it right away, many do, but round 3 if you are still playing is 24 hours away. 

No idea why you had a WD unless the time expired. If you don't play in the 24-hour window for the round you would get a WD. I am sure others with more knowledge will respond. Best of luck.

DC 

• MioKontic
    4,591 Posts
    Sat, Mar 2 2024 6:37 AM

Unless there is some bug (which is very possible with WGT!), you have to have finished your round by the time the round ends.  Even if you are one putt away from finishing  you will get a WD... because you haven't completed the round.  You completed the 1st round in both brackets and got through to the next round in both, but it seems you didn't play the 2nd round in either within the time limit and therefore got eliminiated.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Mar 4 2024 9:23 AM

Stlkcdc3:

Not exactly sure what happened. From my experience, once you enter you can play your 1st round. I don't think the clock starts on the 24 hour window until all 16 have entered.

Then you have an entire day to play round 1. Round 2 starts after those 24 hours. Now you will have 24 more hours to complete round 2. You can play it right away, many do, but round 3 if you are still playing is 24 hours away. 

No idea why you had a WD unless the time expired. If you don't play in the 24-hour window for the round you would get a WD. I am sure others with more knowledge will respond. Best of luck.

DC 

Yep, exactly how it works. 

RSS