Forums

Help › Forums

Wireless mouse? Or Hardwired?

Wed, Dec 30 2009 1:19 PM (16 replies)
  • PAGES
  • BigBallsBilly
    13 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:41 AM

I play from two different PC's.  One has a hardwired mouse and one has a wireless mouse.  It seems that I hit the ball perfect on the swing meter much more frequently with the hardwired mouse.  Is this coincedence?  Has anyone else noticed a difference?

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 5:56 AM

I stopped using the wireless mouse for that very reason billy. They say it isn't supposed to make a difference but it did for me. I suspect RF interference was getting in the way (Bluetooth stuff like cell phone.) At any rate, the hardwired mouse eliminated the problem.

YJ

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:06 AM

Mice can be of varying quality. Your hard-wired mouse can be of higher quality than your wireless mouse, which is why it may be performing better. (And not because it's hard-wired.)

I've played this game with a great variety of mice (they always seem to break in this household), including playing this game on a TV set while lying in bed with a wireless mouse on my belly. Never had any problem. I've recently purchased an expensive Gigabyte wireless laser mouse, and its precision compared to every other mouse I'd tried before is incomparable. Basically, you get what you pay for.

There should, however, be no problem playing this game with any wireless mouse. (More issues are reported when playing through a wireless network, and I'd caution against that.)

• marioh
    1,055 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:15 AM

There's variables in play here.

The biggest is probably swing meter speed.   If you're like me and play with the fast swing meter, mouse response time is key.   The split second that it takes for a wireless mouse to respond in this game is the difference in hitting perfect, and missing by a few pixels.

I suspect that with slower swing meter speeds, you can probably get away with using a wireless mouse.

WGT recommends using a hard wired mouse.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:23 AM

Could be. I usually play with some type of a ball that slows down the meter (GI‑SD, GI2-S, etc.). I do have fast-meter clubs like the Redwood putter and the TaylorMade wedges in my bag, but these are, of course, likewise affected by the slow-down balls.

• BigBallsBilly
    13 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:23 AM

Great!  Thanks for the responses.  I think I'm going to buy a decent hard wired mouse just to play this game with.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 6:37 AM

Faterson:
    playing this game on a TV set while lying in bed with a wireless mouse on my belly.

I could have done without that visual this morning Faterson.but I 'm glad I read the post because I was thinking about getting a wireless mouse.very useful info here.Just joking Faterson.lol

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:33 AM

Faterson, if you burp, does that affect the meter?  Or do you play for the burp?

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 7:38 AM

To complete the image, Larry, I should mention I was (of course) consuming food with my left hand while playing with the right hand; very comfortable. However, all biological processes should preferably be suspended at the precise moment of hitting the ball. If your jaws need to remain gaping wide open for a second, so be it.

• GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Tue, Dec 22 2009 8:05 AM

Believe it or not I,unfortunately I had all ready factored all this in as the visual manifested itself.No harm done but now I'm hungry.I guess if  you stain your bed you can just tell your wife that THE BEAST got you.lol

• PAGES
RSS