Help › Forums

Insidious

Wed, Jan 3 2024 4:19 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2023 10:22 AM

Hello everyone,

Insidious is all inclusive where everyone is welcome. While the main goal is to welcome everyone with no club requirements, the secondary goal will focus on coaching up-and-coming players. There is a place for Turf Warriors, Clash Maniacs, Weekend Warriors, Hungry to learn players, and those who want to play the game their way with no club interference or requirements. 

The club will have a 3 tier member system. Tiers 2 and 3 will become active once there are enough members for it to make sense.

Tier 1 is automatic when joining.

• Member status immediately for those at Pro tier and above.
    • Veteran status immediately for those at Legend tier and above.
    • Ability to create club tournaments.
    • Access to the club website. The site is still in progress and should be set to launch by the second week of December.
    • Membership to the club’s Discord channel with the ability to play with live chat and screen sharing.
    • Written material covering play by feel, head math, playing with a calculator, club mapping, putting math, and aiming techniques.

Tier 2 is available to active players who use their daily pass on their consecutive game day round, are regular participants in club tournaments, and has a genuine interest in the game, helping others, and helping the club grow.

• Golf academy with live tutors.
    • Live caddies to help make suggestions per hole/shot in live Discord rounds. Although, no help provided while playing a tournament.(That’s cheating).
    • Live putting training.
    • Private unpublished videos covering a variety of subjects and techniques. 

Tier 3 is available to players who take on a live coaching role in the club’s discord channel.

• A large list of already mapped ball numbers with levels 97/100 and level 85 irons. (Already on hand)
    • Multiple spreadsheets available according to skill level. (Already on hand)
    • Ability post their games on the clubs private YouTube channel.
    • Notes for most of the holes with illustrations.

Thank you for considering us!

~Tony

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2023 12:53 PM

Wow...excellent post. A lot of thought and effort went into this and the result is very impressive.

Good luck, Tony

ct

• BogeyOne
    1,966 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2023 1:11 PM

Sounds great, Tony. I wish you all the best with your club.

- Martin

• craigswan
    30,984 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2023 1:23 PM

Welcometotheclub GIF by GolfNL

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Sat, Nov 4 2023 1:59 PM

I appreciate all the well-wishes from everyone. I've been wanting to pursue this for a while, but the right timing and infrastructure weren't in place until now. Currently, we're in need of coaches, and there are a few who are interested in seeing how things develop first. Hence the reference to the previous Discord channel.

I apologize, Craig, for not allowing you the last word in this thread.

• MyNameIsJeff85
    76 Posts
    Sun, Nov 5 2023 11:53 AM

Best of luck with your new club

• oneeyedjohn
    9,567 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2023 12:02 AM

15 hacks and 10 amateurs, get real.

• Tony08888
    564 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2023 3:51 AM

oneeyedjohn:

15 hacks and 10 amateurs, get real.

Thank you for taking the time to look at our club.

Since you mentioned the players tiers rather than recognizing them as simply players, I would like to introduce you to just a few of theses hacks/amateurs that you seem to take an issue with.

One of these 15 hacks is an 82 year old retired vet who served in Korea as a private and then Vietnam as a First Sergeant. He not only plays WGT a couple of times a week but also hits the links once a month with a buddy he served with. They reconnected last year through Facebook of all places. Imagine that.

One of these amateurs is a 36 year old accountant with a wife and two kids who just moved from Greece to Ecuador because his wife want’s to be where her family is. He just found the game and seems excited to learn and get better since he cannot play golf in real life.

One of our players who is a Tour Pro and has taken the lead to start a Clash group within the club. Because of him we placed 207th this last time with a one week old club and 10 members at the time. Helluvan exciting guy. Super glad he joined. 

But of course these aren’t real people are they? Of course not, they’re just hacks and amateurs and pros and etc. etc. 

One thing I have noticed so far, is not one of them seems to hide anomalously behind a keyboard and think of one liner insults to post at others expense. No, so far they all seem to be stand up guys. Just a group of great guys. 

At any rate, since this post was moved back to the top of the threads… We are still in need of a couple of coaches interested in helping the fellas grow. The next club advertisement was set to be posted after level 4 once we have the Shot Pal, so it will come out in a few days.

~Tony

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2023 9:46 AM

@Tony;

There are a few trolls, like John, who seem to derive pleasure from useless crap like this latest "insightful" offering. He's fairly consistent. I suspect that he just ain't a happy dude IRL. Don't expect more from him, or his ilk.

Again, gr8 initial post and subsequent response. The best of luck moving forward. 

ct

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Tue, Nov 14 2023 9:51 AM

Tony08888:
    Thank you for taking the time to look at our club.

He's on a roll and seems quite bored today. Think he needs a new hobby. Good luck with your club. People like him I just ignore. Not worth my time replying to his comments. Cheers.

• PAGES
RSS