Forums

Help › Forums

Players ducking out on a bad shot

rated by 0 users
Wed, Nov 1 2023 3:37 PM (3 replies)
  • CountBladClat
    5 Posts
    Fri, Oct 20 2023 12:35 PM

Most probably here somewhere,I am getting fed up with players ducking out on games and having to wait on Timers to run down with a forfeit when players play a bad shot..InTotally taking fun out of game for me,,Implement a lock out on these sore losers with a temp 12 or 24 hour ban on their accounts.Dont need them.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Sun, Oct 22 2023 12:12 PM

CountBladClat:

Most probably here somewhere,I am getting fed up with players ducking out on games and having to wait on Timers to run down with a forfeit when players play a bad shot..InTotally taking fun out of game for me,,Implement a lock out on these sore losers with a temp 12 or 24 hour ban on their accounts.Dont need them.

Happened twice today to me in the showdow, I guess thats enough for me

• Car24Fan
    7 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2023 7:51 AM

I would agree.  I can understand on a occasion a player needing to leave due to something happening in the real world.  When I have to do that, I always send an apology before I depart.  I have had people disappear when they are winning the match but hit a bad shot.  It would be nice if it was easy to block those that quit on a bad shot though.

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Wed, Nov 1 2023 3:37 PM

Car24Fan:

I would agree.  I can understand on a occasion a player needing to leave due to something happening in the real world.  When I have to do that, I always send an apology before I depart.  I have had people disappear when they are winning the match but hit a bad shot.  It would be nice if it was easy to block those that quit on a bad shot though.

It is easy enough to block them, just record their name at the end of the game (it will still show up even if they forfeited).  It might not stop you from getting matched against them in a random draw though, so just be aware of that.  

Also sometimes like you say, life just happens.  I was playing on my work supplied laptop for some time, and unfortunately they could push security updates at any time they wanted to, which would force an automatic reboot and me getting disconnected until the process was finished.  I try to be more understanding now before blocking someone, unless they are just a total A-hole in chat during the time they are there. 

RSS