Forums

Help › Forums

Tour Legend

rated by 0 users
Wed, Oct 4 2023 9:14 AM (6 replies)
  • kc6194
    1 Posts
    Thu, Sep 21 2023 12:51 AM

Would like some pointers on how to get to TL. I prolly will max out there given skill and time

• AlaskanDame
    18,973 Posts
    Fri, Sep 22 2023 10:09 AM

You need lots of “ranked rounds.”  Bandon, BO  Par 3’s, and BO Par 5’s don’t count.  Then find a course you score well on and get your average down.

Good luck!

• Stlkcdc3
    278 Posts
    Fri, Sep 22 2023 1:29 PM

kc6194:

Would like some pointers on how to get to TL. I prolly will max out there given skill and time

You have 418 RRs. Assuming 400 are not P3 or P5 or Easy CC rounds, then you need another 100 RR's as Legend to saturate. 500 legit RR's as Legend. From that time forward, every round you play better than any of those 500 RRs with lower you average. At 64 plus average now, you need to get right at 60.00 or below to advance to TL. 

Step 1, play a ton of RR's as Legend to saturate.

Step 2, shoot several 100 RRs under 60/30 to get the average low enough. 

Good luck. 

• BlackBogey
    278 Posts
    Sat, Sep 23 2023 10:54 AM

Your stats show 418 total Ranked Rounds.  You need +/- 500 RR as a Legend (so RRs played from TM on down don't count).  I put the "+/-" in because you can tier up early by winning WGT weekly/monthly tournaments, Ready Gos, coin game wins against higher tiers, etc...

Next as AlaskanDame says, find a course you score well on to lower your average.  You need to get to 60.00 or below.  I personally prefer PGA front 9, St. A front 9, and Wolf back 9, but yours may be different.  I like those 3 for lowering average just because they all have 2 reachable par 5s from Legend tees even with moderately strong headwinds, and the greens are relatively benign even at Legend speeds.  

Also keep in mind it's generally considered easier to post a low score on 9 holes (that will be doubled to make your 18 hole score) than to shoot a comparably low 18 hole round.  A 29 (doubled to 58) is a lot easier to do on PGA front 9 than a 58 on the full 18.  Plus, you can basically play 2 9 hole RRs in about the same time as it takes to play 1 48 hole RR, so you get more "bang for your buck" when trying to accumulate total RRs.  WGT doesn't do as normal HDCP systems, that will add 2 9 hole rounds together to make an "official" 18 hole score, they will count as 2 separate RRs.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Sat, Sep 23 2023 5:11 PM

BlackBogey:
    I put the "+/-" in because you can tier up early by winning WGT weekly/monthly tournaments, Ready Gos, coin game wins against higher tiers, etc...

Quick addition to what BB write. Tourney wins and MP wins against higher tier can only tier you up faster up to legend, but not TL. Only coin games can help to reduce your minimum ranked rounds required, once you reach legend tier.

• ez2putt
    210 Posts
    Wed, Oct 4 2023 5:16 AM

how do you tell how many rkd rounds you have in each teir. I can find out how many i have played in my career

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Wed, Oct 4 2023 9:14 AM

ez2putt:
    how do you tell how many rkd rounds you have in each teir. I can find out how many i have played in my career

WGT does not display the number of ranked rounds you have in your current tier.  You might be able to estimate that number based on when you tiered up to Champion (if you remember when that was) and approximately how many ranked rounds you play each week.

RSS