Forums

Help › Forums

cursor dissapears when on site with chromebook

rated by 0 users
Fri, Oct 13 2023 6:31 PM (32 replies)
  • Hunslet38er
    5 Posts
    Wed, Aug 23 2023 3:23 PM

in my case this is the only site affected. it is also the same on a different chromebook.

• MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 12:45 AM

Just to clarify, does this happen on the website (and therefore using a browser), or have we (I) misinterpreted it and you are referring to playing the game, therefore it's the app and nothing to do with a browser?

I do find it strange that it doesn't work properly on a certain type of computer, although I think Chromebooks use their own OS and so who knows what they have done in there.  But since you both say it was after the last update, maybe it is something WGT have done, unless there was a Chromebook OS update around the same time?

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 5:49 AM

Yiannis1970:

It does that using any browser? Have you tried different browsers?

• MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 6:07 AM

Yiannis1970:

Yiannis - Having seen Hunslet38er's post (which wasn't there when I first replied due to him still being on moderation) I don't think they are referring to the website, but the game itself (as he mentions it being unplayable), in which case it's not a browser issue but the app.

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 6:32 AM

MioKontic:

Yiannis1970:

Yiannis - Having seen Hunslet38er's post (which wasn't there when I first replied due to him still being on moderation) I don't think they are referring to the website, but the game itself (as he mentions it being unplayable), in which case it's not a browser issue but the app.

It is the app.  I also have a Chromebook that runs Android for Google Play Store and the app, and I get the exact same thing.  I only use the Chromebook for videos and Tapjoy offers and it has been screwed since last update.  Only responses I've seen on Discord are "we don't officially support Chromebook OS", so who knows if/when it will be looked into.  My response is "you do support Android, so what difference does it make if I'm on a Chromebook or a straight-up Android phone/tablet?"

• MioKontic
    4,599 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 2:08 PM

BlackBogey:
    It is the app.  I also have a Chromebook that runs Android for Google Play Store and the app, and I get the exact same thing.  I only use the Chromebook for videos and Tapjoy offers and it has been screwed since last update.  Only responses I've seen on Discord are "we don't officially support Chromebook OS", so who knows if/when it will be looked into.  My response is "you do support Android, so what difference does it make if I'm on a Chromebook or a straight-up Android phone/tablet?"

I'm not trying to defend WGT here, but unless they specifically do things for various OS's, I cant see that it would be a WGT problem.  Are you sure you didn't have a Chromebook OS update around the same time?

I'm trying to think what else it might be, and what WGT might have done that would cause this, but nothing else comes to mind.

What OS is Chromebook using?  Is it Android, similar to what you'd get on an android tablet or phone?

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 3:06 PM

MioKontic:

Yiannis1970:

I am confused. The thread title says ''site''. Hunslet above says: in my case this is the only site affected

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Thu, Aug 24 2023 3:14 PM

BlackBogey:

Only responses I've seen on Discord are "we don't officially support Chromebook OS", so who knows if/when it will be looked into.  My response is "you do support Android, so what difference does it make if I'm on a Chromebook or a straight-up Android phone/tablet?"

Let's put a bit things in order.

Chromebook is a hardware.

Windows, ios, android etc are softwares.

Chromebook uses it's own OS, none of the above.

So, if someone says, we don't suppport Google's OS, means that they don't support the OS.

If you install windows on the Chromebook, won't be any issue, cause they support windows.

If i understand correctly what you are saying: You are using a Chromebook with Google's OS and an android emulator to watch videos. Am i correct?

The game though, doesn't run via emulator, unless you have download it and play it on the emulator. Am i correct?

• BlackBogey
    284 Posts
    Fri, Aug 25 2023 8:55 AM

Yiannis1970:

BlackBogey:

Only responses I've seen on Discord are "we don't officially support Chromebook OS", so who knows if/when it will be looked into.  My response is "you do support Android, so what difference does it make if I'm on a Chromebook or a straight-up Android phone/tablet?"

Let's put a bit things in order.

Chromebook is a hardware.

Windows, ios, android etc are softwares.

Chromebook uses it's own OS, none of the above.

So, if someone says, we don't suppport Google's OS, means that they don't support the OS.

If you install windows on the Chromebook, won't be any issue, cause they support windows.

If i understand correctly what you are saying: You are using a Chromebook with Google's OS and an android emulator to watch videos. Am i correct?

The game though, doesn't run via emulator, unless you have download it and play it on the emulator. Am i correct?

Can't speak for OP, but I have Chromebook with Google OS.  It uses the Google Play Store for game/app downloads, same as Android.  When I go to check my Play Store settings (Settings/Apps/Google Play Store/Manage Android Preferences/About Device) it lists Android Ver. 11 (build # R115-15474.84.0).  I am not running an emulator like Blue Stacks on the Chromebook.  (I do have Blue Stacks downloaded to my Windows laptop to try to get video credits).

All I know is that before last WGT "update" I could open the game (downloaded via Play Store) and had the ability to run in the following modes: Phone, Tablet, Resizable.  That option no longer exists for me.  I can go into Developer Mode and monkey around with some settings in order to get it to change from Tablet to "full sized", but since that's a universal setting it then screws up other apps.

I do however have a Tap-joy app I just downloaded during Double Credit weekend that is also displaying weird "resizing" issues, so it may very well be a Google OS update that misbehaving.  I would just Power Wash the entire Chromebook and start from scratch, but I'm sure I would lose all progress in the Tap-joy app that I'm in the middle of for Double Credits.  Probably after I complete that offer (or get to a point of no return on value/time) I'll try the Power Wash.

• ScottHope
    10,106 Posts
    Fri, Aug 25 2023 9:14 AM

BlackBogey:
    I'll try the Power Wash.

That sounds exciting!  8 )

RSS