Forums

Help › Forums

Question about clubs at different levels

Wed, Jul 12 2023 8:15 AM (4 replies)
  • Golphur2
    11 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2023 12:59 PM

If you purchase a driver which is let’s say 45+ when you reach level 60 or 70 does the club distance and stats automatically update or do you then have to sell and re buy the club at the higher level ?? Thanks 

• AJ50457
    562 Posts
    Thu, Jul 6 2023 10:31 AM

Golphur2:

If you purchase a driver which is let’s say 45+ when you reach level 60 or 70 does the club distance and stats automatically update or do you then have to sell and re buy the club at the higher level ?? Thanks 

A club's range and performance never changes. (However, applying the Apparel bonus can alter distance and performance. You'll have to check the individual apparel item).

As you advance levels, you'll qualify for better performing equipment. A player will probably go through 3 cycles of buying equipment... saving Credits thru Free Ads.

I believe that you should improve your clubs in the following order: Driver, Putter, Iron Set, Wedges and 3Wood. I do not carry a hybrid as it's too similar to a 3W. The hybrid spot would be taken by a 3rd wedge. My wedges hit at 60, 75 & 100 yards. After you cycle through the 1st upgrade, start over again.

• PureGro1
    1,656 Posts
    Thu, Jul 6 2023 11:19 AM

sell and buy new club

• beerstine
    672 Posts
    Tue, Jul 11 2023 5:09 PM

At your level, get the best set of 3 wedges you can afford, at least one of them a 64 degree wedge.  High spin wedges once you learn them will pick up more strokes in the shortest time and get you close enough to sink more putts without upgrading the putter.

Wait until you hit Master tees to upgrade the Driver and L59 for the Ping Irons.  Purchases in those categories right now will just waste money when better clubs are available soon.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Wed, Jul 12 2023 8:15 AM

I agree to wait until Master tier, and that L59 is a crucial one, as the Pings are the first irons with "high" trajectory, valuable for premium play. Alas, there are some good intermediate clubs in the 30s / 40s range.

Let me throw in an alternative opinion:

AJ50457:
    I believe that you should improve your clubs in the following order: Driver, Putter, Iron Set, Wedges and 3Wood.

My two Pfennig:

I strongly believe that the Starter wedges are the weakest in the original equipment, so replace them first with two(!) short(!) wedges below the Starter PW. 50/75 yds or 60/80 yds are common.

Then, a 3WD may come in handy as a replacement for the Starter driver, and driver + irons follow to each player's liking (and coffers). Buying a costly driver too soon makes it inevitable to replace it soon, at even higher cost.

No need to buy a hybrid, as you may introduce a third wedge once the PW in the new iron set gives some wiggle room.

The Starter putter is not that bad IMHO, except from long distances - replace it when you believe that you are better than it is.

Have fun!

RSS