Help › Forums

Showdown royale

rated by 0 users
Sun, Aug 13 2023 2:16 AM (26 replies)
  • Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Sun, Jul 2 2023 4:16 PM

Squatch031:

My question is, since we are playing coin games against various players who are not in tournament, how does WGT guarantee equity?  Are all entries playing the same courses and conditions given that it is random?  I doubt it.

Coin room rules alone can affect ones score. Say you and your opponent are even after 2 holes, and you're both hitting 2nd shot onto a par 5 green. Your opponent hits and miraculously gets a double eagle. If you keep your ball on the course you've earned a consolation eagle regardless of where you hit the ball. If you were already down a stroke, then you would also be given a double eagle. Many scenarios with same results because of the "concede rule".

• Tony08888
    566 Posts
    Mon, Jul 3 2023 9:22 AM
    I like the new format. It gives player who normally do not qualify or miss the cut a chance to win if they are playing similarly skilled players. I did notice that all of my opponents were Tour Legends and above. I liked it.
  • Rick6208
    2,147 Posts
    Tue, Jul 4 2023 5:48 AM

I loved the new format, probably because I finished 2nd lol 

• steveschillinger
    4 Posts
    Wed, Jul 5 2023 1:15 PM

I didn’t notice until I was in that it was new and weird. But I made it to the final round and now have a Veteran badge so I am pleased with that. I still played rookie in the latest shark-showdown. 😂😂😂

• McMulligan30
    2 Posts
    Thu, Jul 6 2023 6:20 PM

I agree 100% So many times I have lost because of this exact same thing. Also I think that you should not be allowed to enter a rookie tournament if you are a Legend or higher. The game is very unfair on most days.

• callaghan159
    6,222 Posts
    Fri, Jul 7 2023 2:44 AM

McMulligan30:
    The game is very unfair on most days.

how is the game "very unfair" most days ?

• protonc
    644 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2023 7:09 AM

I enjoyed the new format.

Maybe the level naming should be changed so that people don’t get stuck on the term Veteran. Maybe just call it Royale since it’s different from the other two Showdown types.

Liked:

9 holes, and not 18.

3 days instead of a week.

Final group pairing seemed closer. 2TL, 2L, & TM

I said in the beginning if I get paired with one of the elite I wouldn’t play it again. Once I was 2nd to fmagnets in the 2nd round of veteran, I said nope, I’ll stay out. LOL!

Happy to make finals because no matter the outcome I would leave with more than I started with.  I finished 1st, and the prizes were very nice.

• Borat74
    2,789 Posts
    Sun, Jul 9 2023 3:55 PM

Showdowns never fly straight.

Drove a ball on the 4th at Oakmont,ding,went straight out of bounds,hit the exact same shot and landed inbounds(right Fairway).

You get what your dealt with these.

• Neilstheone
    1 Posts
    Sun, Aug 6 2023 11:07 AM

Totally agree

• gostr8pls
    1 Posts
    Mon, Aug 7 2023 1:41 PM

i had same thing in a showdown luckily hit ball 2 foot away for birdie my opponent knew was going to lose so left and it crashed i had no choice but to reload and could do anything else and yes try everything. for this i got a bogey for that hole and the 1 after as was only 2nd of 3 holes. so +2 instead of -1 and what ever i score last hole.this is something they need to sort out. it was final i scored -6 but felt wouldve mad top10 had it not happened and feel i got penalised for a cry baby in a non important to them 100 coin game.

RSS