Forums

Help › Forums

East vs West (Ryder Cup Edition 2023)

Sat, Sep 30 2023 5:56 PM (215 replies)
  • Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 5:53 PM

SCHOLESY68:

Seriously wth is going on, I am not competing for one spot, then you can decide who you want out of any cc, who didn't bother to sign up, this is unreal, you should pick whoever actually bothered themselves to sign up and same for other side as in West, pick your best 10 or 11 whatever it is, just go for it, same as the west, this is a waste of time as im concerned, not bothered one bit against competition, just wanted to enter a tournament, you didn't make yourself clear at all in initial post, if this was the case, and you could choose your chums I wouldn't of bothered, neither would of a few other people, those who signed up should be entered, simple as that, those that didn't shouldn't, cant see exactly your concept or actual thought process in all this, b jebus its like a scene out of one flew over the cuckoos nest.

Yeah I get it not doing myself any favours actually quoting this and getting in the team, ok nps.

It's not my problem if you are not able to read and understand what you are reading.

It's not my problem if you think unfair something crystal clear you read but you translated in your head the way you liked.

It's not my problem, since all these things i sustain were written down and exposed for 2 months, and you are coming after 2 months to protest and not only to protest but to distort as well the meaning of my post.

It's not my problem if you consider the way i handle this tournament a waste of time. Just don't play it, noone forced/forcing you.

Yes, you are competing for only one post, either we had 16 players either we had 144 players. You would be entering in only one bracket with only one potential winner. Very hard to comprehend it, eh?

Did i mention that you need to pay a bit more attention to what you read and what exactly you comprehend finally?

Where were you for 2 months Mr. SCHOLESY68?? How much time did you dedicate to read what i have posted? How many questions did you pose during these 60 days about things that were unclear to you?

NONE!!!!

And you are coming here and now to play me Don Quixote with gibberish?

Don't call us, we call you...

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 6:05 PM

AnaNikolaj:

I'm sure you'd get 144 players on each side to sign up, if the rules weren't that precise. Most people were likely put off by the requirement to stream and some additionally by the preset match times. It is what it is. This set of rules turned out to be a good thing for me, cause it finally forced me to let go of my technophobia, download OBS and finally start streaming, which wouldn't be possible without your help. And I really wanted to do it for years, so I appreciate your efforts with this event.

@others

Look at it this way folks, the way it turned out, if you don't win the bracket, you're 5 times more likely to get picked by the captains, cause now they have 10 picks instead of just 2 😉

''I'm sure you'd get 144 players on each side to sign up, if the rules weren't that precise.''

Let's talk about only this part Jure....and i won't be taking you to the real game, i will take you to a digital game of golf called WGT.

So, in this game, there's a prestigious tournament called Live Series. On this event every of the 10 finalists, need:

1. To stream.

2. To be there for his/her round at a designated time.

3. To wait the ''ok'' from the organizers before he/she starts the round. (can be a delay till 20' too sometimes)

4. To make a technical session with the team in order for them to set up your stream 2-3 days prior of the event.

Now...for this event you see hundreds and hundreds of players to hit and rehit their rounds in order to enter in the elite 10 by lowering their scores.

What exactly did i make differently from the above?

• SCHOLESY68
    45 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 6:07 PM

Yiannis1970:

SCHOLESY68:

Seriously wth is going on, I am not competing for one spot, then you can decide who you want out of any cc, who didn't bother to sign up, this is unreal, you should pick whoever actually bothered themselves to sign up and same for other side as in West, pick your best 10 or 11 whatever it is, just go for it, same as the west, this is a waste of time as im concerned, not bothered one bit against competition, just wanted to enter a tournament, you didn't make yourself clear at all in initial post, if this was the case, and you could choose your chums I wouldn't of bothered, neither would of a few other people, those who signed up should be entered, simple as that, those that didn't shouldn't, cant see exactly your concept or actual thought process in all this, b jebus its like a scene out of one flew over the cuckoos nest.

Yeah I get it not doing myself any favours actually quoting this and getting in the team, ok nps.

It's not my problem if you are not able to read and understand what you are reading.

It's not my problem if you think unfair something crystal clear you read but you translated in your head the way you liked.

It's not my problem, since all these things i sustain were written down and exposed for 2 months, and you are coming after 2 months to protest and not only to protest but to distort as well the meaning of my post.

It's not my problem if you consider the way i handle this tournament a waste of time. Just don't play it, noone forced/forcing you.

Yes, you are competing for only one post, either we had 16 players either we had 144 players. You would be entering in only one bracket with only one potential winner. Very hard to comprehend it, eh?

Did i mention that you need to pay a bit more attention to what you read and what exactly you comprehend finally?

Where were you for 2 months Mr. SCHOLESY68?? How much time did you dedicate to read what i have posted? How many questions did you pose during these 60 days about things that were unclear to you?

NONE!!!!

And you are coming here and now to play me Don Quixote with gibberish?

Don't call us, we call you...

Sorry if you think us mere mortals cant understand your gibberish, but wth dude, if it was clear, which you have changed your rules on a whim what exactly was going on, some of us wouldn't of bothered, count me out, deal me out, and please never ever run an organised tournament again, you have not got a clue, from what ive seen as a fair process of elimination for such thing, you sir are deluded.

Wildcoast you have a bi to next round, ill not partake in the cuckoos nest tournament

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 6:20 PM

SCHOLESY68:

Sorry if you think us mere mortals cant understand your gibberish, but wth dude, if it was clear, which you have changed your rules on a whim what exactly was going on, some of us wouldn't of bothered, count me out, deal me out, and please never ever run an organised tournament again, you have not got a clue, from what ive seen as a fair process of elimination for such thing, you sir are deluded.

Wildcoast you have a bi to next round, ill not partake in the cuckoos nest tournament

Where exactly are the some of you?

I only see a guy who can't understand what he reads, what he was reading for 60 days and didn't bother to ask a single question.

I will run whatever tournament i want. Be sure i won't ask or need your permission to do it.

Next time you put your name down to a tournament (not mine of course) take 5,10,20 minutes to read the initial post....if you are not able to understand it completely, use google translate, it may help you.

• SCHOLESY68
    45 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 6:27 PM

Exactly anywhere on any on any tournament do you partake, and then not get processed into further engagement if its a team tournament, your elimination is for 14 people who actually bothered for your tournament, then you go pfff to rest if they didn't win the bracket stage then choose who you want to, seriously you on drugs wth.

And to answer your question what I was doing in that time, prior to your first post, moving house getting a life, and actually doing something positive, which this post isn't, now I will not bother you and I would respect you don't bother me, I'm out of it crack on.

• carlosdev
    2,528 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 6:39 PM

@SCHOLESY68

Hello mate

Sorry you had a bad experience on your much awaited tournament. Much unfortunate.

We "The Old Gang" will be coming up soon "The Glorious Ryder Cup" retaining its honor with real money prizes. Just getting started.

Watch the space :) 2024 - 2025 will be special :) 

- Carl 

• SCHOLESY68
    45 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 6:44 PM

All good Carl thanks for the info ; )

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 7:40 PM

Yiannis1970:
    In 2 months of time, there was interest to play from only 14 players from the East and 11 from the West.

It's clear that you did not not get anywhere near the number of people sign up that you thought you would when you posted the initial rules (9 spots to be won through bracket play + 2 captain's picks).  But, here we are.

The last-minute change to have 1 bracket play pick and 11 captain's picks is not fair to those of us who signed up to play, in my opinion.

My suggestion, to be fair to those who did sign up to play, is to have everyone play next week's WGT 18 Hole Single Play Tournament as the qualifier.  The top 9 scores on each side (East and West) qualify.  The 2 captain's picks remain.

Scores can be tabulated and verified by looking at each player's Score History.  There should be no requirement to stream our rounds, although those who want to can do so.  This is not the Live Series.

You're making this way more complicated than it needs to be.

• SCHOLESY68
    45 Posts
    Sun, Aug 27 2023 8:26 PM

SamSpayed:

Yiannis1970:
    In 2 months of time, there was interest to play from only 14 players from the East and 11 from the West.

It's clear that you did not not get anywhere near the number of people sign up that you thought you would when you posted the initial rules (9 spots to be won through bracket play + 2 captain's picks).  But, here we are.

The last-minute change to have 1 bracket play pick and 11 captain's picks is not fair to those of us who signed up to play, in my opinion.

My suggestion, to be fair to those who did sign up to play, is to have everyone play next week's WGT 18 Hole Single Play Tournament as the qualifier.  The top 9 scores on each side (East and West) qualify.  The 2 captain's picks remain.

Scores can be tabulated and verified by looking at each player's Score History.  There should be no requirement to stream our rounds, although those who want to can do so.  This is not the Live Series.

Nice Idea but cant preach to a preacher and think hes to stubborn to actually sit back and think yup its a bad idea lets do this differently for the good of common folk.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Mon, Aug 28 2023 3:15 AM

SamSpayed:

Yiannis1970:

Thank you very much for your input. The rules for this tournament stand as they are.

Next time you are going to run/organize a tournament, do whatever you like that you consider fair.

RSS