Forums

Help › Forums

Super passes: An unpopular opinion

rated by 0 users
Wed, Jun 14 2023 3:47 PM (6 replies)
  • tnivka
    130 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2023 3:15 PM

Time to end them. Average players have to pay for every extra clash round. Super passes negate any perceived contribution, so why bother playing multiple clash rounds? Please show data in support of super passes. Or end them. Thank you.

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 2:33 AM

I disagree. I think the opposite. I think there should be an option to buy super passes. This would allow players who are willing to spend credits on clashes a chance to significantly contribute to their club score.  It would also allow WGT to milk out that clash cash cow even more. I don't know what a super pass should cost compared to the 35 credits for a regular pass. I won 10 passes in achievements one time and used them all on a clash so maybe 350 credits for a super pass. It would change the whole dynamic of the clashes. Not only would it be which club has the most participants who can score well it would make it which club has the most members who are willing to spend credits on super passes.

• SamSpayed
    4,907 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 11:22 AM

Lesthanpar:
    I disagree. I think the opposite. I think there should be an option to buy super passes.

It would change the whole dynamic of the clashes. Not only would it be which club has the most participants who can score well it would make it which club has the most members who are willing to spend credits on super passes.

Or mandated to buy them by their CC owners, under threat of expulsion.  There are already some Clash clubs out there that have a rule that each member must buy and use X number of passes each Clash.  Having SP's for sale would just up the ante.

Like Paul said... more $$$ for WGT.

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 12:07 PM

AL- Yankees and Rangers

NL- Dodgers and Mets

It's my understanding that these clubs routinely spend the most money on payroll. This certainly doesn't guarantee them the world series.  Actually, one of the lowest payrolls is the Tampa Bay Rays and they are leading the majors in wins.

Is this in any way analogous to super passes?

just curious.:)

Edit : I will add that Canada's one team is 6th or 7th in payroll and, as usual, struggling to remain a .500 team..(:

• Lesthanpar
    1,449 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 12:52 PM

pdb1:

Lesthanpar:
    Not only would it be which club has the most participants who can score well it would make it which club has the most members who are willing to spend credits on super passes

It already is that except with just regular passes. Keeping a limit on the SuperPasses keeps the gap from widening even further.

Allowing the purchasing of SuperPasses would just allow the super clubs to skyrocket so much further out of reach.

Make it even more of an event with the most clubs willing to spend the most money. With super passes for sale the only winner is WGT.

I understand. I never said I would buy any if they were available. I only use the free passes anyway. if I ever do buy one it means I absent mindedly clicked the wrong button. the extra passes we get during clashes don't show up for me until after the clash is over making them pretty much useless for that.

I would just leave any club that mandated I play in a clash or especially spend credits on a clash. Like I said allow WGT to milk the cash clash cow even more lol.

• bossbird
    2,195 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 3:47 PM

Turf wars wouldn’t be supported so much if someone can just buy a super pass. Big clubs buy lots of passes already in turf wars to win a super pass , imo not a good move to make super passes available to buy. My little club wins a couple of extra super passes during the turf wars , these would mean nothing if big clubs can just buy them , in their hundreds ! 

RSS