Forums

Help › Forums

Black screen after making a shot

rated by 0 users
Fri, Jun 16 2023 9:16 AM (7 replies)
  • drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2023 2:23 PM

Been here 12 years and have never seen anything like this. Yesterday, 5th hole @ Pinehurst in alt shot,  on my approach shot I hit the ball & the screen goes black, I can hear the heartbeat, my music is still playing in the backround, but, I have no mouse, or any control over my computer. Escape button does not work, control /alt /delete does not work. reboot computer does not work. Had to wait 20 to 30 minutes to get back up and running.

Today, 8th hole Congressional alt shot, hit off the tee, screen goes black in a tied match. can still hear sounds of the game in play, my music in the backround, but no mouse, no escape, control /alt/ delete does not work, reboot does not work, again had to wait 20 to 30 minutes to get back up and running. This is totally unacceptable & needs to be fixed asap.

Doc :(

• tramilleo
    1,869 Posts
    Fri, Jun 9 2023 5:35 PM

seems this is on your end only

• garyk49
    2,313 Posts
    Sat, Jun 10 2023 11:26 AM

drmoose:

Been here 12 years and have never seen anything like this. Yesterday, 5th hole @ Pinehurst in alt shot,  on my approach shot I hit the ball & the screen goes black, I can hear the heartbeat, my music is still playing in the backround, but, I have no mouse, or any control over my computer. Escape button does not work, control /alt /delete does not work. reboot computer does not work. Had to wait 20 to 30 minutes to get back up and running.

Today, 8th hole Congressional alt shot, hit off the tee, screen goes black in a tied match. can still hear sounds of the game in play, my music in the backround, but no mouse, no escape, control /alt/ delete does not work, reboot does not work, again had to wait 20 to 30 minutes to get back up and running. This is totally unacceptable & needs to be fixed asap.

Doc :(

Doc, it sounds like to me it is not WGT's fault.  It sounds more like you are starting to lose a display card or the onboard display (motherboard problem).  That same thing will happen when you have a display issue.  It might even be a heat issue as well.  When is the last time your vacuumed or blew out your computer.  Could also be a power supply issue. The first thing I would check, is to see if your display driver is up to date.  If indeed this is a computer, you are talking about.

I think it is just coincidence that it happens when it does.

• MioKontic
    4,594 Posts
    Sun, Jun 11 2023 3:56 AM

garyk49:

Doc, it sounds like to me it is not WGT's fault.  It sounds more like you are starting to lose a display card or the onboard display (motherboard problem).  That same thing will happen when you have a display issue.  It might even be a heat issue as well.  When is the last time your vacuumed or blew out your computer.  Could also be a power supply issue. The first thing I would check, is to see if your display driver is up to date.  If indeed this is a computer, you are talking about.

I think it is just coincidence that it happens when it does.

I would agree with the above too, particularly the overheating as that can cause lots of issues.  I've played lots of computer games over the years and some will make the laptop overheat more than others (with the fan belting at full speed!), and yes the screen would go black, but never had the problem playing WGT.  I bought a laptop riser with a built-in fan to help keep the laptop cooler.  Do you have a laptop or desktop?  Do you hear the fan going?  Do you have other apps running while playing WGT?  And don't forget, there could be many apps running in the background without you knowing!  If you do have apps running, close them and see if you still have the problem.  You'd think that companies would try make their apps use CPU and RAM more effectively, but the more they update the more processing power they seem to use, so eventually the computer will just say "sorry, no more".  The screen going black usully means it just can't cope any more.  Finally, how old is your computer?  Is it time for a new one?

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Mon, Jun 12 2023 12:09 PM

Thanks guys ! Sorry I did'nt respond sooner, as it turns out, it was a loose connection on the back of my monitor. But, being that it is much more satisfying to blame WGT , I'm pretty sure WGT sent one of their henchmen in the middle of the night to loosen it !

Doc ;)

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Wed, Jun 14 2023 2:42 AM

drmoose:

Thanks guys ! Sorry I did'nt respond sooner, as it turns out, it was a loose connection on the back of my monitor. But, being that it is much more satisfying to blame WGT , I'm pretty sure WGT sent one of their henchmen in the middle of the night to loosen it !

Doc ;)

It was Dennis's spirit. You know how he like to prank his friends.

• drmoose
    3,532 Posts
    Thu, Jun 15 2023 12:22 PM

Lol, thanks for the reminder B2B. Long time no hear, hope all is well with you;

Doc :)

• borntobesting
    9,625 Posts
    Fri, Jun 16 2023 9:16 AM

I am fine

RSS