Forums

Help › Forums

Showdowns?

Tue, Feb 27 2024 4:57 PM (91 replies)
  • DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2023 2:45 PM

Duphpherer:
    Random luck plays a big part. Can't say I'm thrilled about it for fairness. 

I was in your final section and I did have at least one windy set although as far as I can remember all the 5's were reachable in two, even if not always very close to the pin.

What did you score in the elimination, just trying to work out tie-break rules.

• Double6s
    9 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2023 3:05 PM

So when we play a showdown and make the first cut to the elimination round, and then make the top 50 for the final round, why are there still a hundred players eligible and show up on the leaderboard?  And why if someone is -2 and makes it and another -2 is 51st, why do they cut off at 50 players versus if there were multiple -2s, why don't all -2s make the cut?  Like top 50 and ties?

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2023 3:10 PM

pdb1:

SamSpayed:
    So I force-closed the app and had to replay holes 13-15.  This time, the game put me on Pebble Beach for holes 13-15.

That is very rare , to be able to replay the round . Without resuming solo or being charged with 3 bogeys .

Maybe it is a result of new programming to deal with that type of forfeit ?

Or maybe old programming that worked correctly on this rare occasion .

They have always said that the game was programmed originally so the 3 bogeys and other sudden forfeits would resume . Rather than the various round ending results we have seen .

WGT has stated that if your opponent quits/forfeits the game, you are supposed to be able to continue playing the remaining holes by yourself.  In this last Showdown, I had 4 people forfeit out of 15 games.  On 3 of those occasions, I was able to complete my holes by myself.  The other time, as I showed above, I had to replay the 3 holes.  So, 3 out of 4 times (75%) it worked the way WGT intended.  1 out of 4 times (25%) it did not.  

Not sure how you see it, but getting bit by a bug 25% of the time a forfeit occurs is not good in my mind.

• SamSpayed
    4,902 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2023 3:14 PM

DodgyPutter:

These are the Showdown tiebreaker rules:

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2023 3:31 PM

SamSpayed:

DodgyPutter:

These are the Showdown tiebreaker rules:

Dodgy and I were discussing this in a PM. The wording is not very precise. I, for one, interpret the "showdown game" as a complete round, therefore tiebreaker 2 is the final, 3 is the elim and 4 the quallie. It could also be seen as the 3-hole sets, in that case, only one's final 9 holes would be taken into account. And given we don't play them in the same order, it would be really unfair. Plus, would they count them as total strokes or strokes under par. Since sets have ranged from par 11 to par 15 in this final, that's a huge difference. And, again, unfair... 

• Duphpherer
    440 Posts
    Mon, Apr 24 2023 4:30 PM

I would interpret 3 holes counting as game. Otherwise those tie-breaker rules couldn't apply to the qual and elim rounds because all of rounds haven't been concluded as yet.

• AnaNikolaj
    634 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2023 2:21 AM

Duphpherer:

I would interpret 3 holes counting as game. Otherwise those tie-breaker rules couldn't apply to the qual and elim rounds because all of rounds haven't been concluded as yet.

Well, I see your point, but it could exclude 2&3 for the quallie and 2 for the elim... Still better than needing to be lucky to get a good order of 3-hole sets. Don't really see the point of comparing scores from different courses... 

• DodgyPutter
    4,690 Posts
    Tue, Apr 25 2023 4:18 AM

AnaNikolaj:
    Well, I see your point, but it could exclude 2&3 for the quallie and 2 for the elim... Still better than needing to be lucky to get a good order of 3-hole sets. Don't really see the point of comparing scores from different courses... 

Jure this is what I was saying to you at the start of the PM's.

What if we do, as far as the final scoreboard is concerned, all play the holes in the same order.  For practical reasons, mainly the time it'd take finding someone else at the same stage at the same time or someone just playing that room, we can't actually do that. 

So we have our final scorecard (not the one we see) and we may play holes 10-12 first but they are filled in in that position on there, our final scorecard.

@ Duphpherer, you said "After the veteran elimination round, I was tied for the lead along with 4 others."  and in the final round you were roughly in the middle of the -13's.  Roughly in the middle I'd expect a score of -14 or -15 if Jure is right and it sounds more like -17 or -18 was why I wondered.  It won't prove anything but would be an indication.

We could sort this, at least whether Jure is right or not ,(Stupidly I don't think so when I can't think of a single other case where that's been true)  If anyone had Adamverrill, Hutasadorn, C2theody or stars800 in their elimination round could they let me know what they scored please. 

RSS