Help › Forums

Chambers Bay - LIVE!!!

rated by 0 users
Sun, Jan 3 2010 10:29 PM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 2:44 PM

Okay, I've made a tee time for 11:04 on Monday, December 28th, for a twosome at Chambers Bay.  With caddies.  Who wants to join me?  Oppy, JLandenburg, Nivlac, kissfanpdx, SweetiePie, tibbets???  Who's game?  Real U.S. Open site, real breaks on the green, real weather, real scenery, real birds (for Mr. Boo), real single-malt scotch in my flask... a real experience.  Any takers?

• kwoody94
    34 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 3:41 PM
    Double, I would love to but alas I live in Atlanta and have other obligations. I am already ready for Spring so I can break out the old Ping B63 my Adams irons and hit the links. So for now I just will have to lift my glass to you my friend. Hit em straight and long and may you have no three putts!!! Ken Wood aka Kwoody94
  • nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 3:46 PM

I wish man.  I'm about as far away from Washington State as I can get.

• oppy
    286 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 3:47 PM

I am sure you will have alot of fun, and I would love to play that course, but, like kwoody, I have other obligations (and live in NY). Enjoy and play well.

oppy

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 4:05 PM

Thanks Oppy, Nivlac and kwoody.  I shall toast you guys as I walk down the 18th.  And like I did at Pebble Beach and Bandon Dunes (though the caddies protested) I will take along a sandwich bag and save a divot of real estate.  By my calculations the one I took from Pebble Beach #18, based on waterfront real estate prices, was worth about $94.  And that little patch is still growing in my front yard!

• nivlac
    2,188 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 4:07 PM

Doublemochaman:
    And that little patch is still growing in my front yard!

LOL  that reminds of a commercial where the guy put his divot in a flower pot or in a flower bed or something.  Anyone remember that?

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 4:14 PM

Funny!  My 9 year old son pointed out that commercial to me a couple of years ago... but iIcan't remember the product!  For the record, I confiscated my divot from Pebble Beach in 2000, before the commercial.  Maybe my caddy called J. Walter Thompson.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 4:16 PM

P.S.  I planted my divot indoors during the late winter months and then moved it to the front lawn.  Once it had taken root I practiced (gentle) wedge and chip shots from it.

• Optikdave
    2 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 11:15 AM

Hi, I live in NH and I had a plane voucher I needed to use, so I made a weekend time in October for Cahmbers Bay and I played Sunday at The Home Course. Great experience, just like Scotland at chambers bay. One hour frost delay at  the home course

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sat, Dec 26 2009 11:36 AM

Optik... good to hear yours was a great experience.  I just called the course and they've been having frost delays over the last few days... yesterday not counting since they weren't open.  Here's hoping my 11:04 will stand.  A start any later than that will be a race against darkness.

• PAGES
RSS