Forums

Help › Forums

Ball Spin

Mon, Dec 21 2009 5:54 AM (17 replies)
  • PAGES
  • ETnvolplayer
    1 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 8:09 AM
    Does anyone have any tips on ball spin, especially backspin.? I've tried a few things but can't get quite get it. Thanks
  • GITrDONE
    701 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 9:11 AM

Have you tried the  green dot in the middle of the ball displayed on the bottom right corner of the screen?You can apply top spin or backspin by grabbing the dot and put it in the desired position.

• Johniedino
    786 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:11 AM

Never has worked on the free balls

• playerjj2468
    24 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 10:49 AM

if you want backspin buy clubs that get alot of backspin or buy the expensive balls that get alot of backspin

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 11:09 AM

Johniedino:
    Never has worked on the free balls

And it won't either, Johnie. The best you can hope for is to slow the roll after landing. If you want to stop the ball or back it up you need clubs that have a good spin rating and a ball with the same capability. 

I use the Taylor irons and wedges which all have the highest spin ratings and are all the same. The SD ball has the most spin rating and the combination of the 2 make drawing the ball back on the green very easy. There's a replay on my profile showing what you can do. 

The spin rating of a club is the club's ability to impart spin on the ball and the ball rating is it's ability to react to the club spin. Hope this helps.

YJ

• Way2Easy
    2 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 12:39 PM

Yes you have to spend at least $30 cash out of your pocket, nonrefundable, before you can begin to play the game with some form of reality. Now that they're starting to move the flags around based on your skill level, reality just flew out the window.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 12:49 PM

Not so, W2E-I chose to spend the money but there are plenty of masters that haven't and are doing just fine. Spend a tad more time refining your skills and you'll see.

The flags aren't being moved based on your skill level. There are easy, medium and hard pins at BPB and just plain hard ones at Kia but they aren't based on anybody's skill. Tournaments you enter will put you where you need to be based on your skill. 

You don't have to spend $30 to set yourself up either. A longer driver and more accurate putter are easily attainable by earning the free credits and winning a few match play challenges or placing in the many available tournaments. GL

YJ

• BeNice
    8 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 1:11 PM

If what you say is true, why do you have $30 worth of clubs in your bag and you haven't won any tournaments and aren't on any leaderboards?

Are you one of those masters that had one good game in Pro, made master and keep quitting games to keep your average low?

You suggest spending time refining skills but you don't have any yourself. Seems a tad hypocritical don't you think?

• BeNice
    8 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 1:26 PM

...and it doesn't matter WHY they're moving the flags that throws reality out of the window.

I wonder how the real course managers would feel about WGT moving their flags around?

This game is becoming a toy.

• tibbets
    1,043 Posts
    Sat, Dec 19 2009 1:32 PM

Hi Adam.

Bye Adam.

• PAGES
RSS