Forums

Help › Forums

Presidents Cup....

Tue, Nov 22 2011 11:25 AM (24 replies)
  • Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 7:07 AM

Hi esssy

I'm watching the game to 5am European time or until I fall asleep and the greens look brutal to putt on. I was wondering if you knew how fast the greens  are on the Stimpmeter as I checked the club's website and can't find it there. Thanks.

OOPS Just read through and 13.5 to 14 isn't real to play on LOL.

• noname3412
    2 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 1:06 PM

We had a fiar bit of rain last night and expect a bit today.. (15-25 mm or about 1/2 and inch) so the greens will play a lot lot easier.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 2:32 PM

Wha a Buzz this is... I'm enjoying every minute of it. Last couple days was listening on the radio, due to work, (1116 SEN there is also an SEN App on the iphone too) .. will be watching on the Telly on the weekend.

Great comeback by Baddely after his nervous choke in the last few holes on the first day.

Tiger is struggling, I think... but some of his shots have been great to watch.

Els Averages in the 60's on this course... his best being a course record of  60.

Michelson and Furyk where unbeatable.. played great golf.

One thing that is interesting... their wives/girlfriends were wearing shirts with their partners name on the back...lol

With 40k winds in ya face and lightning speed greens some of the players were getting on the green in 2 on one of the long Par5's using a driver on the second shot...hmmm

-Roger

• jeffc46221
    621 Posts
    Fri, Nov 18 2011 9:41 PM

This just in.....charles swartszel( bad spelling im sure) just hit his tee shot into the back of a MOVING GOLF cart lol.....funny stuff.

• Ihatecheats
    298 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 4:39 AM

I watched Greg Norman pour some bottled water on the 17th green in an interview after a game had finished and it just ran down the slope without being absorbed into the grass. I've heard of fescue and Bermuda but never marble grass LOL. After the rain had come the greens looked almost playable. 

I reckon that Tiger is not far away from his best as most of his putts were very close to going in and he looked in control with his irons, just leaves the driver problem.

• mantis0014
    8,946 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 5:33 PM

4th day... I think the greens are faster.. lol.  Tiger has just started his round... but Furyk is the Man, I think... the man of the comp... just solid with his putting.

• xtabent
    2,281 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2011 9:02 PM

All over ..USA wins again

RSS