Forums

Help › Forums

Hole 15 on BPB

rated by 0 users
Sun, Dec 27 2009 4:45 AM (6 replies)
  • fancyfeet4
    23 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 9:36 AM
    I cant seem to birdie this hole. In fact, I am not sure I even have 1 all time. I am on the level Master and get a lot of pars, but I can never seem to land the ball to get close to the hole. With so much break and slope on the green, anything outside of 10 ft is a crap shoot, and sometimes even a 5ft putt is hard. I have gotten really good at just missing the green, chipping and making par, but even when i have a shorter iron in, I cant birdie. Are there any tips to help me out? Thanks,
  • AtlantaCoaster
    645 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 10:23 AM

Go to the Tournaments forum and see my posting from today - I think this was my first Birdie ever on BPB 15 - and there is a Replay to look at as well that I describe in my posting.

Birdies on this hole a RARITY as far as I can tell.

Regards, AtlantaCoaster

• pillsy
    489 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 10:43 AM
  • mefitz
    372 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 10:44 AM

fancyfeet4- If you`ve got an hour or so for reading, try typing in-Bethpage Black hole#15 in the search box. I promise you, you`ll find some ideas on this. I won`t promise you that you`ll birdie it though,lol. A lot of it comes down to luck. I get a birdie on it maybe one out of fifteen times and bogie it about the same, the rest are pars that I`m happy to walk away with!

I`ve got two replays on my profile page from 15." Flopping for bird" and a birdie putt from 70 plus feet (it lips out) called "earths rotation" which I apparently forgot to figure in to the putt! Check them out!           Enjoy and GL

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 2:57 PM

mefitz:
    "earths rotation" which I apparently forgot to figure in to the putt!

DOH!

So that's what been causing me to miss all those putts!!!!!

If I figure out how to calculate that into my putts, I'll be totally lost if we ever get a course in the Southern Hemisphere!!!!

• mefitz
    372 Posts
    Tue, Dec 15 2009 3:07 PM

Ironically enough, right after I posted that, I was playing the back 9 on BB and did the Same Thing.....Again ! This one was only from 50ft. though, but I wish I Was in the southern latitudes because then I`d have made them both, lol.

• IzzieNutz
    9 Posts
    Sun, Dec 27 2009 4:45 AM

that's beautiful Pillsy. Now tell me how you get to hit your 2nd shot from 60 yards out? That's a 370 yard drive if you're playing from the White tees.

RSS